We stayed here for 1 night after the resort we were staying in couldn't extend our stay by 1night without charging us a small fortune.
As a regular Rydges customer I found a great priced room here.
As we checked out of the resort early in the morning we went to see if we could leave our luggage with Rydges until our room was ready and to my surprise we were actually able to get into our room with no delay!
The room was quite nice (a little dated) and the bathroom was ok (due for a refurb) the beds were not the unbelievably comfortable Rydges Dream Beds but weren't too bad.
I saw on another review that mentioned the room/hall smelled musty (which it does) which they try to cover with room deodorizer, but having stayed in at least 4 different hotels in Cairns they all have this problem and they all try to cover the smell with fragrance - it has more or all to do with the Cairns climate and is not due to lack of hotel cleanliness.
As a rydges priority member I received a free drink voucher on check-in, and that night I went to the bar to use it, and all the staff at the restaurant/bar were very friendly.
The hotel is in a great position and it is not far to walk to the lagoon, esplanade restaurants, Cairns Central and the boardwalk is just across the road.
The view from the ocean view room was great also.
All staff I encountered at Rydges Tradewinds were very friendly, helpful and knowledgable and I would stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our Cairns hotel suites are convenient to Cairns lagoon precinct, where guests can take a dip in the clear, blue water or enjoy sunning on sandy shores. Nearby departure points for The Great Barrier Reef make it easy for guests staying in our Cairns hotel accommodation to explore its incredible natural beauty. The Cairns city centre is also within walking distance and offers premier area shopping and dining hotspots. We offer 246 Cairns hotel rooms exceptionally equipped with desirable features. Most rooms open onto a private balcony overlooking scenic views of the ocean, tropical gardens and swimming pool. All rooms are en-suite and boast complimentary WI-FI, a mini-bar, iron and ironing board and secure safe. Rydges Tradewinds is also pleased to offer recently released movies and games for hire on tablet computers. The cost is just $15 per 24 hours for a tablet which plugs directly into your room TV. Our Cairns hotel executive suites and ocean front rooms include luxurious signature Rydges Dream Beds where guests can rest from the adventures of the day. A variety of Cairns hotel rooms are available to perfectly suit those seeking business, leisure or family accommodation. Dining is available at the onsite restaurant, Drift on the Esplanade, where guests can enjoy a delicious breakfast, lunch or dinner overlooking the Coral Sea. Spa by the Sea offers guests seeking relaxation luxurious onsite spa treatments. Those staying at the hotel for a Cairns event will appreciate its conference and events facilities, capable of hosting up to 500 guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Rydges Tradewinds Cairns reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rydges Tradewinds Cairns Hotel Cairns
- Rydges Tradewinds Hotel Cairns
- Cairns Rydges Tradewinds Hotel