I expected Cairns to be flashier than what it was and I was relieved to find that the hotel was like a resort with the beautiful swimming pool in the middle of all the rooms. My husband and I had a pool view room which had a King bed and our small balcony on the fifth floor had a perfect view of the pool and the palm trees on the property. So relaxing to just be in the room with the balcony door open listening to the waterfall feature and sitting on the balcony overlooking the spectacular pool! Very Relaxing!!
We had a reasonable size room furnished nicely with a very comfy bed! The bathroom was a little old but everything was extremely clean.
Staff at the desk were friendly and helpful, reception did make an error when they ordered a taxi for us to take us to the airport - an hour too late - but it was quickly rectified and a taxi arrived within five minutes.
There is a tour desk in the hotel with brochures on different types of tours and an attendant to help you book. Best location, right near the strip of cafes, five minutes from the mall and bus station and three car rental places directly across from the hotel. Ten minutes walk to the Marina.
When returning to Cairns I wouldn't stay anywhere else and would have to have a pool room view.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel Cairns Oasis Hotel Cairns
- Novotel Cairns Oasis Hotel
- Oasis Cairns
- Accor Cairns Oasis Hotel
- Cairns Novotel
- Oasis Resort Cairns
- Oasis Hotel Cairns
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Centrally located in the heart of Cairns the multi award winning Novotel Cairns Oasis Resort is situated on 2.5 hectares of tropical gardens and boasts the largest lagoon style pool in the city centre, complete with its own white sandy beach and swim up bar.All 314 rooms offer contemporary style accommodation with a balcony or terrace overlooking the city, gardens or pool. Facilities also include a free web corner with the latest IMAC technology, free wi fi (lobby area only), 24 hour in balance gym, onsite hairdresser and Massage & Beauty. The hotel also offers 24 hour room service and reception.Mizuna Restaurant offers buffet breakfast daily and of an evening boasts modern À la carte dining. Aqua Bar serves afternoon drinks, lunch and light bites by the pool whilst Novo Bar opens at 5:00pm daily for pre-dinner cocktails, evening drinks or night time snack menu.The hotel is within walking distance to the Reef Casino and Reef Terminal and only one block from both the Esplanade including 'Muddy’s', Cairns modern, fun, safe playground and parkland. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Tingo, ACCOR, TripOnline SA, Agoda, HotelTravel.com, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Novotel Cairns Oasis Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.