I dislike overdone reviews so simply
- 250 dollars could get you a room in the Pullman or Hilton which is just a bed and a shower.
- This promised to have a paytv, foxtel,wifi, sea views for the same price.
- The spa was in a glass tube in the middle of the room - not romantic, not clean, not inviting.
- The foxtel had 4 channels working - 3 of them were sport and 1 was a movie.
- The seaview from 502 ( might not be the same in other apartments) was a small fraction of the ocean as the room is on the corner - the majority is of dilapidated rooftops
- The appliances were rusting
- The cutlery wasnt clean.
- The wifi , whilst being paid , didnt even work once it was connected. Signal was too weak.
- The smoke detector apparently is set off by steam in a room with a jacuzzi.
- The included air conditioner sounds a bit like a jet engine.
- Car parking
- The staff were very friendly and helpful.
- Very central
For 50 - 60 dollars less this apartment would be great value for money even with its faults. The location alone is a good stop for families looking to save coin and be close. It isn't an apartment to rival other rooms at this price though and I would rather have been in a nice space with less for the same price sadly. My advice is if you are spending over 200 dollars to look elsewhere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cairns is the primary gateway to the Great Barrier Reef, Daintree Rainforest and Tropical North Queensland's outback. From a great waterfront location overlooking Trinity Bay and the spectacular Cairns Lagoon, BreakFree Royal Harbour is perfectly positioned for guests to enjoy the best of this vibrant tropical city. The resort is within walking distance of Cairns CBD and the bustling hub of the Esplanade's restaurants and cafes. The famous Cairns Night Markets are on the hotel's doorstep and the Reef Casino is nearby. BreakFree Royal Harbour offers self-contained one bedroom garden spas with a private courtyard and one bedroom ocean view spa apartments with a private balcony all including kitchenettes, laundry facilities, spa, air conditioning, internet access, ironing facilities, hair dryer, digital TV and a VHS/DVD player. From the level two pool deck, guests can enjoy views of the ocean, Cairns Lagoon and the passing parade of marine vessels heading out to the Great Barrier Reef. Guests can enjoy recreational facilities including a swimming pool with sun deck and shade, gymnasium and BBQ facilities. Cairns is a city of many moods. The crisp clear air of its mornings, the tropical warmth of its days, as well as balmy nights lit by the moon shining over Trinity Bay offer an unmatched appeal and BreakFree Royal Harbour is the place to enjoy it. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, HotelTravel.com, Despegar.com, Agoda, Priceline, EasyToBook, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your BreakFree Royal Harbour Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Breakfree Royal Harbour Hotel Cairns
- Breakfree Royal Harbour Cairns