My husband and I stayed here for 7 nights in December on our trip from Canada. We had a late check in however the communication regarding how to access our key etc. was excellent thanks to Meegan. Meegan was amazing the entire stay. We got checked in okay (Ocean View Room 501, I recall), however our room was very dated, the bed was situated immediately when you walk in the door (poor layout) and the sofa and chair was very old and dingy. We met with Meegan the following morning and explained the situation. We actually hoped to find other accommodation, however soon discovered this hotel like many other hotels in Australia ... no cancellations without losing all your $. Regardless, Meegan was very helpful and offered for us to look at another apartment (506) on the same floor. This apartment was much better (though still dated) as it had a leather sofa that was fairly new and a different layout so we moved to this unit. It was still ocean view with a slightly smaller balcony, however much improved! My only negative after we moved was the fridge had such a sour smell. I washed the entire fridge out with bleach and water to try to clean it and it eventually dissipated through the week. Unknowingly to me, I guess I had didn't booked this apartment directly through the Break Free and ended up at a secondary website somehow. I am usually careful about booking direct and not using middle companies so beware all you travellers. I personally think it is best to book direct to avoid any unforeseen problems.
The location of this apartment is perfect. Close to all the action of the Esplanade, the night market, grocery and liquor store etc. The pool area was very clean and we did use it a couple of times. While we didn't use the BBQ we did notice it was frequently used by many guests.
Meegan was a gem. Always so friendly, informative and helpful. She is a hard dedicated worker and was the main person we saw at the front desk our entire stay. She even worked on Christmas and Boxing Day! As the main receptionist she is the face of the facility in terms of representation and she is the utmost professional and genuine.
Definitely suggest the Esplanade/Ocean view rooms! At about 7 PM every night we would enjoy watching the bats waking up and flying to the hills. Amazing sight to see.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on The Esplanade, BreakFree Royal Harbour provides direct access to cafes and restaurants which offer a wide variety of cuisines. Relax poolside on a sun lounge and enjoy the sweeping views of the Cairns swimming lagoon and beautiful Trinity Bay or enjoy a dip in the swimming pool to cool down. Property facilities include: Barbeque facilities, Internet access, Pool with sun lounges, Free guest parking, Lifts to every level, TV in every lounge room with Free-to-Air and Foxtel chanels, Gymnasium. Please note: if arriving by car or taxi please come to Reception at Level 1 (up the ramp above the Night Markets) 60 Abbott Street, Cairns. Reception hours are 8am to 6pm. Guests arriving outside these hours can speak by phone (outside Reception) to our Night Operator who will help them to their rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Despegar.com, Agoda, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your BreakFree Royal Harbour Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Breakfree Royal Harbour Hotel Cairns
- Breakfree Royal Harbour Cairns