It's everything we needed, excellent value, perfect for couples who want to spend less on accommodation and more on the activities that North Queensland has to offer.
The room is large with a decent size balcony and basic kitchen facilities including a mini fridge, microwave and portable hot plate. The round spa bath is a generous size and the bed was super comfy. Its a basic design with simple decor, but it doesn't matter when you spend most of your time out and about.
The only downfall was that the rooms aren't serviced unless you stay over a week (no change of linen or towels etc) and you have to clean your room before you leave, but that's quite normal for most places we've stayed for this price range and location type.
Building is in a fantastic location on the Esplanade with great views of the ocean and lagoon from the higher floors in the middle of the building. Plenty of cafes and restaurants directly beneath the hotel and its an easy walk to many more. Cairns Central shopping is only 3 blocks away (about a 20min walk). Unfortunately we were on the very end of the building so had mostly city views but we could still see the marina and lagoon, we did book last minute so cant really complain.
We will definitely be staying here next time we head up, its such great value!
- Also Known As:
- Breakfree Royal Harbour Hotel Cairns
- Breakfree Royal Harbour Hotel
- Breakfree Royal Harbour Cairns
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on The Esplanade, BreakFree Royal Harbour provides direct access to cafes and restaurants which offer a wide variety of cuisines. Relax poolside on a sun lounge and enjoy the sweeping views of the Cairns swimming lagoon and beautiful Trinity Bay or enjoy a dip in the swimming pool to cool down. Property facilities include: Barbeque facilities, Internet access, Pool with sun lounges, Free guest parking, Lifts to every level, TV in every lounge room with Free-to-Air and Foxtel chanels, Gymnasium. Please note: if arriving by car or taxi please come to Reception at Level 1 (up the ramp above the Night Markets) 60 Abbott Street, Cairns. Reception hours are 8am to 6pm. Guests arriving outside these hours can speak by phone (outside Reception) to our Night Operator who will help them to their rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Agoda, Hotels.com, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Venere and Otel so you can book your BreakFree Royal Harbour Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.