We just spent 11 days in a 1 br apartment. I had contacted Reception some 8 weeks before we arrived to ensure we had an apartment above the 3rd floor as I told them I needed a quiet apartment to relax on doctor's orders. I was assured our apartment was on the 7th floor, well away from any noise. I was pleased, because I had read the comments on this site about street noise from backpacker hostel next door and on the north side of the building. At check in we discovered we were given apartment No.704 which was located on the 7th floor on the south side of the building. But we soon found that the building next door had an extremely noisy air conditioning unit on the roof which was located less than 30 meters from our balcony. It was on 24/7 and was so noisy, we had to yell whenever we needed to communicate with each other whilst sitting on the balcony. We even had to leave the balcony sliding door shut at all times to avoid the noise. We requested another apartment on the north side of the building but we were told there was none available. No apology was given. Very disappointing, we felt we were deceived and robbed of a relaxing holiday. Never again Breakfree holiday accommodation anywhere in the world.
- Also Known As:
- Breakfree Royal Harbour Hotel Cairns
- Breakfree Royal Harbour Hotel
- Breakfree Royal Harbour Cairns
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on The Esplanade, BreakFree Royal Harbour provides direct access to cafes and restaurants which offer a wide variety of cuisines. Relax poolside on a sun lounge and enjoy the sweeping views of the Cairns swimming lagoon and beautiful Trinity Bay or enjoy a dip in the swimming pool to cool down. Property facilities include: Barbeque facilities, Internet access, Pool with sun lounges, Free guest parking, Lifts to every level, TV in every lounge room with Free-to-Air and Foxtel chanels, Gymnasium. Please note: if arriving by car or taxi please come to Reception at Level 1 (up the ramp above the Night Markets) 60 Abbott Street, Cairns. Reception hours are 8am to 6pm. Guests arriving outside these hours can speak by phone (outside Reception) to our Night Operator who will help them to their rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Hotels.com, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Venere and Otel so you can book your BreakFree Royal Harbour Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.