We had 3 nights at this hotel in February 2006. Having heard some terrible reviews about the standard rooms we booked a superior room and from what we could see this was a good move and also breakfast was included in the deal. The room and bathroom were clean and functional. We ate in Jardines and also the regular restaurant (the Homestead). The food was good and not expensive. We did not use the pools or leisure facilities as we had booked day trips eg to the reef and rainforest. The diy guest laundry was cheap and very handy and there was an iron and ironing board in the room. The reception staff were helpful and pleasant but we did witness some unprofessional attitudes among the waiting staff in the restaurant towards guests. Transfers to and from the airport were included and were fine. If we ever visit Cairns again, we would not stay here but would opt instead for somewhere more in the centre of Cairns as in the evening there was nowhere to go on foot and we found the taxi drivers to be not the most helpful or pleasant on the planet.
- Also Known As:
- Cairns Colonial Club Hotel
- Cairns Colonial Club Hotel Cairns
- Cairns Colonial Hotel
- Cairns Colonial Resort
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ibis Styles Cairns Colonial Club is set amongst 11 acres of lush, award-winning tropical gardens. We feature 5 different room categories and 345 rooms in total. Dive into one of the 3 lagoon style pools, enjoy a cocktail at the Pool Side Cafe or squeeze some sand beneath your toes on the man made beach. A variety of dining options are available from the sensational buffet at the Homestead Restaurant to something more casual at the Poolside Cafe. Work up an appetite on the tennis court. With our Guest Lounge, Tour Booking Office, Internet access and Resort Shop, the Ibis Styles Cairns Colonial Club has the facilities to be your home away from home whilst you are in Cairns. All major tour operators pick up and drop off at the Resort, making it easier to explore the wonderful attractions that Cairns and Tropical North Queensland has to offer. Other facilities include games room and a Conference Centre. It is easy to see why the Ibis Styles Cairns Colonial Club is known worldwide as the premier leisure Resort in the region. Airport and City-centre transfers are available at a nominal fee. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Tingo, ACCOR, HostelBookers, Expedia, Hotels.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Ibis Styles Cairns Colonial Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.