“A wonderful stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Cairns Colonial Club Resort

Save Saved
You added Cairns Colonial Club Resort to your Saves list
Cairns Colonial Club Resort
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   18-26 Cannon St | Manunda, Cairns, Queensland 4870, Australia (Formerly Ibis Styles Cairns Colonial Club)   |
Ranked #30 of 66 Hotels in Cairns
“A wonderful stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We arrived in the morning straight after our flight and was able to get into our room right away. All staff throughout our stay we're friendly and welcoming.
The rooms are not modern, but they are spacious and clean.
It has beautiful gardens and pools, and good guest facilities. The shuttle bus into town is reasonably priced.
We will stay there again on our next visit.

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Erie, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I stayed at this hotel as part of a tour group. There appeared to be many (5-6) tour groups using the hotel. It wasn't really a problem, although breakfast got a little busy on one day.

The hotel bills itself as a resort, but I wouldn't call it that. The hotel rooms are very spread out, with lush gardens and pools separating everything. That would be fine if it weren't so buggy. There were mosquitos in all of the public areas, which made it tough to find a place to congregate and relax. This was especially problematic because the only areas of the hotel with internet access ants were those open public areas...so going online in the evening meant putting on bug spray or getting bitten. There were also ants in the kitchen area and bathroom of the room.

The room itself was a sort of suite, two rooms and a bathroom. It was sparsely furnished, though, and rather dusty. Still, the bed was comfortable enough, though there was only a single sheet on it. No comforter or duvet. There was a blanket in the closet but that seemed pretty sketchy. There was great water pressure in the shower. There was a strong air conditioner too. There were no special amenities, though there was a full kitchen set up complete with dishes and utensils.

The hotel is not really near anything. It is situated in a residential area. It was a 30 minute walk to the nearest grocery and McDonalds for a snack. The restaurant breakfast was fine. I didn't have occasion to have any other meals there. The one time we tried to get a pizza from the poolside bar, we were told they wouldn't be making pizza that night. Not particularly helpful. We ended up having to order a pizza. There is a car service into town, but it was rather expensive.

Were I to return to Cairns, I don't believe I would consider staying here again. I don't know how it compares to other area hotels price wise, but in terms of rooms and service it was average at best, and location was terrible.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014 via mobile

Stayed at the resort with my husband and 2 sons, we had a wonderful time. Our room was clean tidy and spacious, we did not feel cramped at all! Had breakfast each morning in the Homestead Restaurant, was delicious every time. Our first morning there was quite busy and there were quite a few rude customers dining at the same time as us, however the staff grinned and took it on the chin and treated us nice patrons with extra kindness, especially Jack he was brilliant, made us laugh every morning and we couldn't wait to write a lovely review about him and the rest of the restaurant staff. I would have loved hot chocolate sachets in our room, I don't drink tea or coffee. But that is my only complaint! Loved every minute here and will definitely be back.

• Stayed August 2014
Pensacola, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

When I visited this hotel, I had 40 teenagers with me. I could not have asked for a friendlier staff, better room layout, or more beautiful environment for my students.
The rooms are small, but very tidy and comfortable.
I felt like I was walking in a paradise every time I stepped outside.
The breakfast served was very good and we really enjoyed the beautiful scenery.
I will come back again!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014 via mobile

Stayed for 5 nights as a family, had a brilliant time. Breakfast each morning in the resort was wonderful, our kids loved it and the service from Jack was brilliant! He made our morning every time, would return just to see him! Resort is older style but still clean, tidy & very enjoyable, great pools! Will definitely return!

• Stayed August 2014
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014 via mobile

We strayed here with our daughter and enjoyed the stay, the hotel was a little tired but the staff were welcoming and it was a good base for the price we paid.

I'm not sure if we would stay again as we probably would go for something a little more plush but do not be out off I'm sure that you will enjoy your time here.

Stayed November 2013
Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

I stayed at this hotel three nights and while I admit the staff are great everything else was not. Especially Chanel. First of all, the rooms could use some work. While some stuff had been updated, other parts needed to be updated. My bathroom was covered in ants, when I called the front desk they got a housekeeper to come down. She just handed me a bottle of bug spray and told me to do it myself. That was not the first time I spotted ants in my room, there were at least three other separate occurrences. I'm not talking just one or two I'm talking at least a dozen each time.
The curtains in my room were severely stained pink.
The walls are paper thin as I heard everything the person in the room was doing next to me. Unfortunately also due to the fact the person in the room beside me was ignorant, I got no sleep because of the paper thin walls.

Also wifi was a rip off $5 for an hour anytime you wanted to use it.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo

Been to Cairns Colonial Club Resort? Share your experiences!