“The best service ever!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Cairns Colonial Club Resort

You added Cairns Colonial Club Resort to your Saves list
Cairns Colonial Club Resort
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   18-26 Cannon St | Manunda, Cairns, Queensland 4870, Australia (Formerly Ibis Styles Cairns Colonial Club)   |
Ranked #37 of 66 Hotels in Cairns
“The best service ever!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

My family and i stayed the night and i must say the highlight of my trip was meeting our very helpful host JACK. he helped keep the kids entertained aswell as going above and beyond for our family at breakfast. All the staff were polite ,friendly and always up for a laugh. THANK YOU JACK FOR MAKING OUR HOLIDAY THE BEST EVA!

• Stayed July 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Camden, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

I've stayed here twice now, arriving late and leaving early, $89 per night includes continental buffet breakfast. I think you can upsize to hot breakfast for another $7 ?

Rooms were clean, good size, quiet location just 5 minute drive from CBD. Might not suit everyone however if you are just after a room it's ideal, 24hr reception

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Mumbai (Bombay), India
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

No portors are available.
I was given 2 rooms on the 1st floor. Since I suffer from Slip disc there was no ways that I could lift all the luggage so I requested to change my rooms which was done but.. the rooms were not clean.
Even after telling the housekeeping that the closets were filthy and lined up with dust, this was not cleaned for 3 days till I left ( Photograph attached) while everyday they used to make up my beds without fail.
The other guests occupying my room ( sharing) were cockroaches.. I couldnt take a photograph but can assure you that these were the big ones.

We are pure vegetarians and their was not much available on the menu. You cannot eat the same ravioli everyday. So I requested the staff if any vegetarian dish could be made, I was bluntly refused saying that we will not be able to accommodate anything out of the menu.

I requested that can I place this request to a senior manager, the gentleman on the counter said that the management has laid out clear instructions on this and he will not be able to help be on the same.

I travel across the globe and this is the first time that I have faced such rudeness and non accomodation in the hospitality industry.

The hotel location is off the city. you will shell out 40 $ for a to and fro visit to city to grab anything to eat or buy.
Unlike other hotels they will not even provide with adapters for charging so you either take a taxi and pay 40$ and buy your adapters or you pay double of the cost of an adapter from the inhouse shop of theirs.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

I stayed here from the 2nd to the 5th of June 2014 and was told by an online booking site that ot was in the city centre, it is not. The gardens and the pools make it seem like a great place to stay, this ends once you enter your room.

The room I stayed in needed to be refurbished and the shower seemed to just make the water go everywhere. Then there was the staff, the cleaners we amazing, the customer service was however from a part of hell that not even the Vatican could scribe. On checking out I was made to pay for meals that I didn't order, even though I could prove I was somewhere else at the time.

Maybe this is just a one off, but I would never recommend this place.

Stayed June 2014, traveled solo

Been to Cairns Colonial Club Resort? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Cairns Colonial Club Resort

Address: 18-26 Cannon St | Manunda, Cairns, Queensland 4870, Australia (Formerly Ibis Styles Cairns Colonial Club)
Location: Australia > Queensland > Cairns Region > Cairns
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free Parking Restaurant Shuttle Bus service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#4 Top resorts Hotel in Cairns
#4 Best Value Hotel in Cairns
#24 Luxury Hotel in Cairns
Hotel Class:4 star — Cairns Colonial Club Resort 4*
The Ibis Styles Cairns Colonial Club is set amongst 11 acres of lush, award-winning tropical gardens. We feature 5 different room categories and 345 rooms in total. Dive into one of the 3 lagoon style pools, enjoy a cocktail at the Pool Side Cafe or squeeze some sand beneath your toes on the man made beach. A variety of dining options are available from the sensational buffet at the Homestead Restaurant to something more casual at the Poolside Cafe. Work up an appetite on the tennis court. With our Guest Lounge, Tour Booking Office, Internet access and Resort Shop, the Ibis Styles Cairns Colonial Club has the facilities to be your home away from home whilst you are in Cairns. All major tour operators pick up and drop off at the Resort, making it easier to explore the wonderful attractions that Cairns and Tropical North Queensland has to offer. Other facilities include games room and a Conference Centre. It is easy to see why the Ibis Styles Cairns Colonial Club is known worldwide as the premier leisure Resort in the region. Airport and City-centre transfers are available at a nominal fee. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, HotelTravel.com, HostelBookers, Travelocity and Agoda so you can book your Cairns Colonial Club Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Cairns Colonial Club Hotel Cairns
Cairns Colonial Hotel
Cairns Colonial Resort

If you own or manage Cairns Colonial Club Resort, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.