I stay at this property, on a semi-regular basis, (most of my stays are one nighter's due to work travel) I did manage to stay a number of nights over the resent holiday season with my family. I must say that that the staff on reception are always professional and helpful (Megan, is an asset to your property). There are a few areas that could do with improvement :
1) The public areas are tired and in need of TLC.
2) The breakfast buffet is a big letdown (definitely not as the promotional blurb states). The whole menu in its self needs to be overhauled as well... The decor in the restaurant is out dated too..
3) The games room is great however due to the heat it is not utilised as must as it could be if it was air-conditioned, the revenue that this could take if was air-conditioned would be greatly increased..
4) The gym being closed is disappointing too...
Finally It’s a great location, great pool's and of course the front office staff are an asset... Especially Megan.
- Also Known As:
- Cairns Colonial Club Hotel
- Cairns Colonial Club Hotel Cairns
- Cairns Colonial Hotel
- Cairns Colonial Resort
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ibis Styles Cairns Colonial Club is set amongst 11 acres of lush, award-winning tropical gardens. We feature 5 different room categories and 345 rooms in total. Dive into one of the 3 lagoon style pools, enjoy a cocktail at the Pool Side Cafe or squeeze some sand beneath your toes on the man made beach. A variety of dining options are available from the sensational buffet at the Homestead Restaurant to something more casual at the Poolside Cafe. Work up an appetite on the tennis court. With our Guest Lounge, Tour Booking Office, Internet access and Resort Shop, the Ibis Styles Cairns Colonial Club has the facilities to be your home away from home whilst you are in Cairns. All major tour operators pick up and drop off at the Resort, making it easier to explore the wonderful attractions that Cairns and Tropical North Queensland has to offer. Other facilities include games room and a Conference Centre. It is easy to see why the Ibis Styles Cairns Colonial Club is known worldwide as the premier leisure Resort in the region. Airport and City-centre transfers are available at a nominal fee. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Tingo, ACCOR, Travelocity, HostelBookers, Hotels.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Ibis Styles Cairns Colonial Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.