Recently went to Cairns at short notice as we were able to get FF flights during school holidays. Had not been there for over ten years and was hesitant to go
We booked the Shangri-La Hotel and were really impressed with its location, facilities and service.
We found that we had great access to hotel facilities (pools fantastic for children) as many guests leave the property during the day.
There is a wide selection of restaurants within the hotel complex plus the added benefit of being able to go to others within a short walk.
We would also highly recommend a stroll along the boardwalk to muddy's park which is one of the best kids parks we have ever seen.
The service in the hotel was excellent and they were flexible and accommodating to our needs in terms of children.
Cairns has come on a lot since we were last there and now has hotel that provides upmarket accommodation of a good standard.
- Also Known As:
- Shangri-La Hotel, The Marina, Cairns Hotel Cairns
- Shangri-La Hotel, The Marina, Cairns Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideally located in the heart of Cairns, the Shangri-La Hotel overlooks Marlin Marina, Trinity Bay and the lush green mountains of Cairns.The hotel is just ten minutes' drive from Cairns International Airport, and a short stroll to the Esplanade Lagoon and Cairns' premier dining precinct. The hotel offers airy, modern accommodations with elegant furniture and spectacular views. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Tingo, Otel, getaroom.com, HotelTravel.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Agoda, Venere and Jetsetter so you can book your Shangri-La Hotel, The Marina, Cairns reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.