“Good hotel, good location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Cairns Plaza Hotel

Save Saved
You added Cairns Plaza Hotel to your Saves list
Cairns Plaza Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   145 The Esplanade Cairns | Cnr. The Esplanade & Minnie St., Cairns, Queensland 4870, Australia   |
Ranked #16 of 66 Hotels in Cairns
maroochydore
“Good hotel, good location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

We recently enjoyed a week staying at the Cairns Plaza Hotel. We booked a standard room so we were aware it was not refurbished. The room was clean and the beds were comfortable. The bath towels were luxury plus. The room had a small kitchenette with a microwave, kettle and bar fridge. It did not have a toaster or a hairdryer. The staff were friendly and helpful. The pool area is nice and inviting and clean. It has plenty of tables and chairs but only two sun lounges as there is not enough room for more. This did not bother us as we were the only two people at the pool most days. The hotel is in a great location, just out of the hustle and bustle but still only a pleasant walk to all the restaurants.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

GM-Paolo, General Manager at Cairns Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, August 3, 2014
Thank you so much for your kind review following your stay with us....!
I'm glad you enjoyed the use of the pool throughout our winter....most of us locals were rugged up whilst you swam....great to see.
I trust you enjoyed your time in our part of the world and look forward to welcoming you back when next you visit.
Paolo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014 via mobile

I booked the cairns plaza for my friends birthday after reviewing the pictures on the website and booking an ocean view suite. Unfortunutly when we arrive the hotel was not as advertised, appeared dated, not clean and just generally not what we expected for the price we paid! This hotel needs a revamp! The staff were all lovely and welcoming but the hotel itself was not to satisfaction!

• Stayed July 2014
GM-Paolo, General Manager at Cairns Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Thank you for posting your review following your recent stay with us.
Unfortunately, it appears that we did not meet your expectations on this occasion; for this I apologize.
However, I hope we have the possibility of welcoming you back in the not too distant future.
Cairns
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

My room was warm, cosy and clean with a lovely mountain view. Service was fantastic and the location was good - a nice 30 minute walk to town along the esplanade. I would definitely stay here again and would happily recommend this place to others! It's excellent value for money.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for posting your review following your recent stay with us.
Thank you also for highlighting some of our stronger selling points - our great location and wonderful value proposition.
We look forward to welcoming you back when next you visit....!
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Cairns Plaza Hotel. Most staff were very helpful and even the manager allowed us to store some items for a week even though we were not staying there upon our return to Cairns.
Our 2nd level apartment was clean and tidy with a very comfortable bed. The lounge suite (fold out bed?) was not very comfortable to sit in and it would have been nice to have a toaster.
The hotel is located within walking distance of the city centre for reasonably fit persons.

Room Tip: Ask for an apartment with ocean views on a higher level.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for posting your review following your recent stay with us.
I'm glad you enjoyed our great location and your time with us.
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

Two of my friends and I stayed here a few weeks ago when we were traveling around Australia, and we absolutely loved the Cairns Plaza Hotel. I will admit that when we first pulled up outside we were a bit nervous, but as soon as we walked in, we were warmly greeted. We had just traveled for over 24 hours so the front desk attendant Paolo very kindly got us a room right away, even though check-in time was not for another few hours. The room was simple but clean and comfortable. It was definitely prime location to everything in Cairns, and the short walk to the nearby restaurants was always enjoyable along the Esplanade. Paolo helped book us a tour to Kuranda via Skyrail including a bus pick-up. We were sad to say goodbye to this lovely hotel and very friendly staff.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
GM-Paolo, General Manager at Cairns Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, July 27, 2014
Thank you for your kind review following your recent stay with us.
I'm thrilled you enjoyed your stay, our location and our friendly team members - we're always willing to provide an early check in if the room wasn't used the night before; sometimes this just isn't able to be confirmed - I'm thrilled I was able to get you in to your room earlier than the normal check in time on this occasion.
I trust you enjoyed the rest of your travels.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

3 motorcyclists heading for Cape York adventure ride, we found your Hotel a perfect launching pad to prepare for the Way Up, and an equally ideal base on return for clean up, R & R and easy access to services in a thriving city.
We paid less than $50 each per night for a large shared room with secure parking for loaded bikes, and a laundry that copped a gruelling workout, over the road from Trinity bay and an easy walk to food, drink and all we needed

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for posting your review following your stay with us.
Our Studio Rooms offer spacious rooms and the ability to accommodate up to 4 people in 4xSingle Beds which really does make it economical.
I'm thrilled you enjoyed your stay and look forward to the possibility of welcoming you back when next you visit.
southampton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

I should start this review by saying that initially I was booked into a private room next door at caravella backpackers for four nights. Needless to say that place was nothing short of horrendous!! I was paying £40 a night there and checked myself out after one night. I found the Cairns Plaza online and it was a bonus it was right next door but I couldn't have been more impressed with the plaza.
I had a room that has recently been refurbished and it was done to a top class standard, the bathroom was like that of some 4 or 5 star hotels I've stayed in. The beds were comfy and the tv and tea facilities and fridge were added luxuries. There was a balcony overlooking the hills and sunsets and it was very peaceful and quiet!
I didn't use the swimming pool purely because I was out on days trips but it looked lovely and partly secluded with loungers.
There was free wifi in my room without the need for codes and fiddily vouchers etc.
I used the laundry facilities which worked well and were reasonably priced at just a few dollars to wash and the same to dry.
The location is brilliant, you step out the hotel right into the esplanade and the swimming pool/lagoon beach area which is a top attraction and the restaurants (top quality as well as budget) are literally a 5 to 10 min pleasant stroll away along the seafront. The marina is also only a short distance away for the boat trips to the reef.
I genuinely can't think why you pay more to stay somewhere in the same location of the same standard room. Rydges and holiday inn are next door for twice the price.
Paolo made me feel extremely welcome and all the staff were friendly and helpful, the icing on the cake!!

Stayed April 2014
Thank you so much for posting your overwhelmingly positive review following your recent stay with us.
It's always so great to know that sometimes expectations are not only achieved but exceeded; we aim to under promise and over deliver every time....!!!!
I trust you enjoyed the rest of your travels.
Paolo

Been to Cairns Plaza Hotel? Share your experiences!