Being local and also an Accor Member we thought that this motel would be a good choice. We had planned onspending all of our time at the motel eating/drinking and swimming. We were with a group of friends who where also local 6 adults and 6 kids.
We booked at 12:30pm for dinner that night at 6:30pm there were a total of 9 Adults and 5 kids for dinner - we arrived on time. It then took us until 8:00 for our main meals to arrive, we only managed to be served 2 rounds of drinks. Even though it was New Years Eve I think that the service was VERY poor having to wait that long, when I complained to the resturant manager I was told 'Sorry about that we have had a lot of room service tonight' (Hey wait a minute I booked first and we all were also staying at the motel, does that mean that if we had all stayed in our rooms we would have got served quicker?)
The outside dining area beside the pool needed a good hose down also - there was dirt/leaves etc piled up - looked like it had not been cleaned for weeks.
If you are looking for a good hotel in the Accor Chain I woulod STRONGLY recommend the 'Oasis Resort' (fantastic service/ very clean and closer to town if you need)
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Cairns Harbourside Hotel Cairns
- Mercure Cairns Harbourside Hotel
- Accor Cairns Harbourside
- Mercure Cairns
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the secluded end of the Esplanade, Mercure Cairns Harbourside has 173 rooms and suites, a restaurant and wine bar/cafe, with a courtesy shuttle bus hourly to and from the city centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, ACCOR, Olotels, Otel, Priceline, Agoda and Tingo so you can book your Mercure Cairns Harbourside reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.