“Good Service/Clean Room” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ibis Styles Cairns

Save Saved
You added Ibis Styles Cairns to your Saves list
Ibis Styles Cairns
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   15 Florence Street Corner of Florence and Lake St, Cairns, Queensland 4870, Australia (Formerly All Seasons Cairns)   |
Special Offer
Free Brekkie
Ranked #28 of 66 hotels in Cairns

379 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

Friendly, helpful staff in what is a comfortable venue with nice facilities inc. free Wi-Fi.
The pool is beautifully maintained with crystal clear water. My wife and I stayed in a "Loft" room for the three nights we were in Cairns and whilst I booked it for the upstairs in room spa in particular, it was listed as a "Romance Package" which included complimentary chocolates, bottle of bubbly and full buffet breakfast so overall pretty good value!
It's a short walk to the main restaurant precinct and approx. two to three blocks from the marina and casino so pretty much everything is within walking distance.
Being just one block back from the esplanade and busy restaurant precinct also meant there was no issue with noise.....

Room Tip: Loft room with spa is definitely the way to go!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
ISCSupervisor, Front Office Manager at Ibis Styles Cairns, responded to this review, July 5, 2014
Thank-you for your lovely review.

Our Romance Package is great for honeymooners, or couples just wanting a romantic weekend away!

We hope to welcome you back to ibis Styles Cairns in the future.

Townsville, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

Booked this hotel for a 1 night getaway to Cairns for some shopping with my 14yr old daughter. I booked this hotel for its location and the price....you know the saying....you get what you pay for! The room had 1 queen and 1 twin....paid $134 for the night with a continental breakfast the next day.

Arrived to check in, lady at the front desk asked me for my credit card, saying that she would be taking the full amount. I told her that I didn't want to use my credit card for payment, I wanted to pay cash on check out the next morning. She said that it was routine for them to take full payment by credit card on check in. I again said that I didn't want to use my credit card, she said "not enough on the card?", which now that I think about it....that was a rude comment to say. I told her that was not the issue, I didn't want to be paying interest charges on a purchase, when I could pay cash....she then backed down and said that she would take a $50 security deposit off my card, which I know is usually standard practice, at least it is in the hotels I've stayed in before. Although I'm not sure what the $50 security deposit was for when there is nothing of value in the room, nothing in the fridge ie soft drinks, juice, beer and no snacks.

This hotel is in major need of updating.....I don't think I've stayed in a hotel in a really long time that still uses a key to get into the room....no swipe cards at all. That just shows that this hotel needs an update! I was given a room on the first floor, facing Florence, busy street, but noise wasn't really an issue. Bed was comfortable, pillows were like blocks of concrete, didn't like them at all. Bathroom was a good size. Carpets dirty and stained, ceiling was stucco, therefore dirty, fan was also dirty. Being on the ground level it had a sliding door out onto what I'm assuming is a small patio....it had 2 chairs out there...the patio is a half circle shape, so narrow on the ends....it had a complete brick wall that was about 4.5-5 feet high....this is not a patio you could sit out on and enjoy, it would be more suitable to smokers only. Room had a small table in the corner with 1 chair....in a room that sleeps 3 people....1 chair!

Breakfast is held in the adjoining building next door....when I checked out, prior to going for breakfast, I was asked if I wanted to upgrade to a full breakfast, no thank you. Arrived at the restaurant, lady there checked us off the list, saying we had a continental breakfast and if we wanted to upgrade to a full breakfast, no thank you...again. Breakfast consisted of toast, dry cereals, juice, mini croissants and what looked like homemade muffins, didn't look appealing and neither myself or my daughter tried them. Next to this station is another one that had bacon, eggs, sausages....I'm assuming this would have been part of the full breakfast, there is nothing separating the 2 stations and my daughter got herself 3 pieces of bacon, nothing was said to us about it....but I think I would have been a little annoyed if I had paid for a full breakfast and everybody else only had continental but had access to the breakfast that I would have paid extra for....glad I didn't pay extra!

Parking is on the street, its a busy area, so it can be difficult to find parking if you should arrive before 5pm, when all the workers leave. I parked about a block away and then kept an eye out for a closer spot after 5, which worked, I got infront of the hotel. We had free wi-fi in the room, which is nice, although the connection isn't very strong, but it worked for the amount of internet use we wanted. Swimming pool is off the restaurant, looks nice, but was too cold to swim.

Wouldn't stay here again, will go down the road to the Holiday Inn, which I've stayed in before, and was nicer.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank-you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at Ibis Styles Cairns.

As mentioned in the personal email we have sent you, I would greatly appreciate it if you would contact us directly with your details, enabling us to investigate these issues further.

We hope to hear from you soon.

Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

Just there for an overnight stay as had an early morning flight the next day. Was near to city so was easy to get dinner. 5 minutes walk from the Esplanade and night market. Good value for money. Friendly staff was a plus.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
ISCSupervisor, Front Office Manager at Ibis Styles Cairns, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
Thankyou for your positive feedback.

Our hotel is centrally located in the heart of Cairns giving you quick and easy access to all the city has to offer. It is also always a pleasure to receive positive feedback in regards to the service we provide, I am sure that this will serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

We hope to see you again!

San Jose, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

We were in Cairns to go to the Reef as well as the Night Zoo and booked our group of 40+ into the hotel. Their lobby was equipped with hot beverages, located just a block or two from the Esplanade and across the street from a pharmacy. The ubiquitous self catering coffee set up was there with the fridge in which to keep the milk. Comfortable room, very clean. They were the only hotel on the whole trip to have large eco sensitive dispensers for lotion, soap, shampoo and conditioner. Great shower with great water guard. No bugs either which I had kind of expected and experienced in Sydney. The breakfast buffet started at 6:30 and was adequate albeit uninspired. I did like the passion fruit yogurt and the sea weed that was there for the congee. I loved the choices for toast toppers too. Easy access to safe deposit boxes and laundry facilities too.

Room Tip: I had a ground room facing the street and did not have any noise issues.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful review!

I was thrilled to read that you enjoyed our facilities and services during your stay at ibis Styles Cairns, I hope we will have the pleasure of hosting you and your group again the next time your travels bring you to the area.

Front Office Supervisor

Been to Ibis Styles Cairns? Share your experiences!