“Don't stay here! Plenty of better choices” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Coral Tree Inn

You added Coral Tree Inn to your Saves list
Coral Tree Inn
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   166 - 172 Grafton Street, Cairns, Queensland 4870, Australia   |
Ranked #22 of 66 Hotels in Cairns
Chicago
“Don't stay here! Plenty of better choices”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2005

The service was terrible - I felt unwelcome and they were rude. The rooms were a fair size, but our room was filled with thousands of ants, and when I brought this to the attention of the manager, she said, "Well, all the rooms are going to have ants." When I asked for bug spray or ant traps, she replied, "We don't have any traps." What kind of service is this! The rooms are shabby, no ventilation, filled with ants (as I mentioned) and other bugs, and it is loud. Very unpleasant stay. I noticed plenty of other hotels, inns, B&B's with better deals (this place wasn't even a good deal!) and better service and location. You are located far from the Esplanade. We changed after the 2nd terrible night.

• Stayed April 2005

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Braunschweig, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2005

I stayed at the Coral Tree for one week to visit the reef and the rainforest.
The rooms have balconies to the court yard and I found it very quiet. The location is excellent since everything in downtown Cairns is within walking distance.
Most importantly, and the reason for my excellent rating is the service at the reception desk. I had no trips booked prior to arrival and I was overwhelmed by the numbers of brochures offering day trips. Upon talking to the receptionist, she recommended several excellent tours that I booked from the Inn. I was picked up in the morning and brought back in the evening.
There is a tendency to recommend more expensive trips and the only suggestion I did not follow was the snorkeling trip to the reef. I wanted to take a small boat that I had to find for myself (Ocean Free, a sailing boat, very nice people). Very good value, the Inn and the Ocean Free trip.

Stayed September 2004
Poole, Dorset
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2004

We stayed here on our honeymoon, it was lovely. The hotel staff were so helpful and friendly. We went on lot's of fantastic tours and booked these with the hotel during our stay, who sorted it all out. Location also great, near to Cairns shops and restaurants. I would highly recommend this value for money hotel!!

• Stayed June 2004
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2004

Very surprised at the quality for the price we paid - friendly (and helpful) staff, room was clean, tidy and with good air-con, and plenty of choice for the breakfast. Only about a 10 minute walk from the town centre.

East Midlands, England.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2003

Just returned from five nights at the Coral Tree. Excellent hotel and very reasonably priced. Lovely swimming pool and although no restaurant (but breakfast is provided) guests can use the kitchen and barbecue free of charge. Five to ten minutes flat walk to restaurants and shops. We stayed here after a week in Sydney and it was the ideal place to relax after the city.

• Stayed January 2003

Been to Coral Tree Inn? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Coral Tree Inn

Address: 166 - 172 Grafton Street, Cairns, Queensland 4870, Australia
Location: Australia > Queensland > Cairns Region > Cairns
Business Center with Internet Access Free Parking Children Activities ( Kid / Family Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#14 Luxury Hotel in Cairns
Hotel Class:4 star — Coral Tree Inn 4*
Coral Tree Inn is a newly refurbished 4 star resort-style hotel located right in the heart of Cairns City, across from Munro Martin Park and close to all the shops, restaurants, theatre, art galleries and casino. The Hotel features two types of excellent accommodation including newly refurbished standard rooms and self-contained suite rooms. Family rooms and disabled rooms are available on request. Also featured in this hotel are: outdoor saltwater pool, complimentary barbeque facilities with its own dining area, restaurant, conference room, business centre, as well as Massage & Relaxation Centre amongst luscious tropically landscaped gardens. Coral Tree Inn is independently owned and managed, our friendly staff offering consistent and personalised professional services; we bring your rest closer. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Agoda, EasyToBook, Despegar.com, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Coral Tree Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Coral Tree Hotel Cairns
Coral Tree Cairns

If you own or manage Coral Tree Inn, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.