“Very Helpful” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Coral Tree Inn

You added Coral Tree Inn to your Saves list
Coral Tree Inn
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   166 - 172 Grafton Street, Cairns, Queensland 4870, Australia   |
Ranked #22 of 66 Hotels in Cairns
Tauranga
“Very Helpful”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2011

Negotiated a weekly rate for a standard room. On checkin was upgraded to a suite without any fanfare. Excellent room 303 on the East side of the complex. Well set up with two balconies two programmable airconditioners large flat screen TV and a fully setup kitchenette. Personally I prefer a walkin shower but if you like shower over bath then this is what is provided. For me an excellent WIFI signal was required, this was available on the west side of this complex(room 307).
Being a fussy buggar I wanted sun in the morning AND excellent WIFI.

I should note that the WIFI is provided via OZspots and there installation was not so good. This caused problems for the management (As well as me personally).

So willing to help, manager offerd me a number of room keys to check out the WIFI signal. I chose 224 as my preference(222) was being renovated.

Coral Tree was perfectly situated for me. Opposite a park, not a lot of street traffic(noise) and 3 or 4 blocks(I wanted the walk) to either the main Shopping Centre of the tourist centre on the Esplanade.

If I could be guaranteed excellent WIFI coverage, I would be back in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: The choice of room is morning sun or afternoon sun. A pool view or a street view. Best WIFI is pool...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
OPM-Anand, Manager at Coral Tree Inn, responded to this review, October 12, 2011
Dear old_bloke_60,

I would like to thank you for writing such a positive review on Tripadvisor!
Thank you for recognising Coral Tree Inn's services and facilities.

Please contact me directly or one of our friendly staff members if would like to come back to Cairns.

Operations Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Dubbo, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2011

My husband and I stayed here for a week in sept 2011.. The rooms are presented well, clean, with a king sized bed..a huge flat screen television won my hubby's heart.. The motel was close to everything, walking 7 mins to the esplanade with all the restaurants at hand...
Breakfast was lovely, as we sat by the pool.. I would recommend coral tree to everyone, we stayed and had breakfast everyday for $82 a night..fantastic value..loved it.. They only thumbs down, would be that the shower wasn't great, it would be warm one minute then cold the next, not everyday though.. Maybe only when too many people were having showers at once..

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Dear Iananddee,

Thank you for taking the time out to write a review it is important that we receive feedback so that we can continue to improve our services and facilities to our guests.
Please do not hesitate to contact me or one of our staff members if you wish to come back and stay with us

brisbane
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

The complex is convenient both to Esplanade and city (within walking distance) and well served with tourist buses and airport transfers. It is in very good heart and most rooms seem to have an outside area with table and chairs either overlooking the park or a narrow garden strip at the back. Breakfast was included in my tariff and was very good with a small range of cereal, toast, fruit, and hot selections. It also offers spa and beauty treatments. However, I had just one night before travelling further and wanted an undisturbed night's sleep. It seemed that every hour or so during the night a toilet was flushed and from four in the morning, showers began. This meant a noise like a small plane preparing for take-off. Concrete construction and tiles throughout, create very efficient acoustics so that the sound reverberates. It may be quieter on the first floor, but I will not be returning to find out for sure.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
OPM-Anand, Manager at Coral Tree Inn, responded to this review, October 11, 2011
Dear deejay17,

Thank you for writing a review.

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the facilities at the Coral Tree Inn.

In regards to your concern about the room being noisy, we are looking in to ways to reduce the noise to avoid any inconvenience.

The design and construction of the building makes it more difficult to overcome this problem. However we are the process to resolve this issue by using absorptive materials within the building to reduce reflected sound.
We appreciate your feedback.

Auckland NZ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2011

We just stayed here for 2 nights - twin room (as requested). We got a deal through Wotif which contributed to our positive response.
The staff were particularly pleasant and helpful - room staff and front desk staff - all of them - thanks.
Room was OK - maybe a little small. En suite was fine - no probs.
Air con and fan made things pleasant. Bit too cool to swim in the pool that looked OK.
We did not eat breakfast here - thought it a bit expensive.
Easy to walk to town to eat out.
Would stay again if we could get a somparable deal!
Thanks.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
OPM-Anand, Manager at Coral Tree Inn, responded to this review, September 12, 2011
Dear SoopsAucklandNZ,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for the Coral Tree Inn.
Positive comments like these really help us to evaluate our Hotel and its offerings.
We are glad that you found a good deal for your accommodation and will hope that you continue to do so in the near future.

Langwarrin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2011

A great hotel only 3 blocks from the Esplanade Good room the best staff you could want.
The young lady in the breakfast room was always very chearful and nothing was too much for her.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Deightons,

Thank you for the positive comments.
I will certainly pass your regards to our Breakfast staff.

We look forward to welcome you back to the Coral Tree Inn.

Operations Manager
Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2011

For Canadian standards, the hotel reminds me like a Canadian YMCA or a hostel. Rooms were clean enough, basic, not particularly nice, more utilitarian. There was AC which was nice. Beds had clean sheets and if you needed something warmer there were blankets in the closet. Rooms aren't super sound proof but that's expected. Front desk reception were always quite helpful in recommending day trips and calling shuttle services. Location was pretty close to the main drag so that was a plus. Breakfast was standard. No free internet. Good price.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. It is important that the feedback provided by our guests is passed to my team to ensure that we continuously improve not only on our services but our facilities. I will pass on your appreciation to our staff, I know this type of feedback to our team members is very important and makes them feel that they do make a difference to our guests experience.
We hope to see you back again here.

Adelaide
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2011

I stayed here with my 10 year old son for 2 nights so we could do the Sky Rail and Kuranda before heading up to Port Douglas...The room was basic & fairly clean...bed was very hard to sleep on but for 2 nights was bearable...the water in our room ran hot & cold in the shower....annoying....the breakfast supplied in the morning was okay...mostly overcooked & cold....but the filtered coffee was great....one thing that was dreadful but not really the fault of the hotel was that a large group of Asian tourists arrived late at night and were talking & being silly right outside our room....because the floors are all tiled with no carpet the echo & noise level was very loud...I thought them very rude & inconsiderate.....it went on for ages so I had to get out of bed and ask them to be quiet....I could still hear them for quiet a few minutes later...one of the downsides to staying at a hotel without a 24 hour reception who can handle the situation.....when doors bang closed it echoes through the whole hotel......if you're a heavy sleeper you may not even hear it.... a few weeks later we stayed at the Novotel around the corner for about $20 more...much better....bed was heavenly......and quiet as anything......

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
OPM-Anand, Manager at Coral Tree Inn, responded to this review, September 11, 2011
Dear KMP Adelaide,

Thank you for your feedback, it is important to us so that we can continue to improve our services and facilities to all our guests.

We are happy to inform you that we are in the process of changing our old mattresses in the rooms with new ones.

I have now spoken to the chef about Breakfast issues and we are looking into ways to improve these services.

Also the maintenance issue with the Hot water system has been resolved.

It is very unfortunate that you had to compromise with the noise levels in the night caused by other guests staying in the hotel. A night staff is always available in the premises outside the reception hours who can be contacted to notify such incidents.

We feel sorry if this has caused any inconvenience during your stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back to in the near future.

Operations Manager

Been to Coral Tree Inn? Share your experiences!