“Great Location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Mantra Esplanade Cairns

Save Saved
You added Mantra Esplanade Cairns to your Saves list
Mantra Esplanade Cairns
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   53 - 57 The Esplanade, Cairns, Queensland 4141, Australia (Formerly Outrigger)   |
Ranked #19 of 66 Hotels in Cairns
“Great Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

Stayed in a one bedroom apartment. Very well located and central to shopping, casino and the marina. Friendly staff at the counter. Room was modern and well equipped. Kitchen was better than most self contained apartments I have stayed in. Had washing machine and dryer.
Rooms were clean and well maintained. I would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Stuttgart, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

I came by accident into Mantra Group. But in the end it was the best accomodation I could have wished for. The ladies as the reception wered absolutely great and gave me a very warm welcome. As I came into the "room" I was very amazed. I had a One- Bedroom Apartment and it was great. The room was City View, but the only thing I could see was the Park outside of my room and the Esplanade. It made waking up so enjoyable as the sun was rising. The room itself was very nice and comfortable. A little unhappy I was about the housekeeping, which was not included to the rate I booked. But in the end, I did not even need it.
The staff at the reception were an absolut star during my stay. They booked all my tours I did in Cairns, they even gave me some recommondation about what to do and which tour to take, because the staff did them as well.
After my check out I was able to leave my luggage in an seccure room behind reception and enjoy my last day as well.
The location is perfect. It is right in the first bit of the Esplanade and a perfect spot to enjoy the habour of Cairns.

Room Tip: Rooms to City with some noise because of Esplande Street, but fine to sleep
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Brisbane
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

Very well located, we could walk to the Reef Terminal where a lot of our tours left from and there were lots of cafes and restaurants around for meals. The room was quite big and the bed was very comfortable.
The only drawbacks are that there is no daily housekeeping, which most hotels in this price range have. Given this, it would have been nice to have spare bin bags provided for after we emptied the bin the first time, and also more than 4 tea bags (you can buy more from reception, but it's cheaper to buy a box from the supermarket). Also, the room didn't seem to have been cleaned very well as there was still hairs from the previous occupants on the bathroom floor.
The other drawback is that there are often buskers across the road, which can be quite loud so we had to keep the doors to the balcony closed a lot of the time.
In general though, it's a good hotel in a very convenient location.

Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

Very large apartments managed to get free breakfast in cost fantastic breakfast service down in the resturant. Room over looking city can have a bit of noise from the back packers area at the back . over priced wifi should be free in this day and age, door on laundry broken , can rent push bikes from there. Decor a bit dated could do with a touch up but worth staying there .

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

My husband and I recently visited Cairns for the first time and were fortunate to be booked into he Mantra. We had a one bedroom apartment with balcony. Tastefully furnished with plenty of space. As newcomers to the area we were blessed to have friendly helpful staff on reception. Abbey, the office manager should be congratulated. Great location with walking distance to the lagoon and lots of fun choosing where to eat, as one only needed towalk out the door and be right amongst the al fresco diners. We will definately return!

Room Tip: we prefer an apartment as we like the extra space
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

We had an enjoyable 3 nights at Mantra Esplanade Cairns. The room was comfortable and had everything we required. Shower was a bit dated but was nice and was powerful. The location is brilliant - right beside the reef terminal for all trips to the reef or islands. It is also across the road from the lagoon and beside all of the lovely restaurants that Cairns has to offer. Everything was on our doorstep. We didn't use the pool at all as it was behind the building and didn't get a lot of sun but with the lagoon across the road, we had no use for the pool anyway. The staff were pleasant and helped us out with any queries we had. We had a nice balcony, air con & a fridge which all came in handy to dry off our clothes, keeping us cool, storing snacks and so on. There wasn't much noise, I'm a light sleeper and had no issues sleeping any night.

Room Tip: We just had a general king size suite. It looked out onto a park & the reef terminal. It was nic...
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

Have just returned following a five night stay in a 2 two bedroom apartment and found Mantra to be a great spot to stay, and being in the city centre found it so easy to walk to the numerous restuarants and the marina. The in room laundry facilities were great, the beds were very comfortable and the view from the balcony delightful following a busy day. The staff were very helpful as well.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Been to Mantra Esplanade Cairns? Share your experiences!