“Perfect location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Mantra Esplanade Cairns

You added Mantra Esplanade Cairns to your Saves list
Mantra Esplanade Cairns
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   53 - 57 The Esplanade, Cairns, Queensland 4141, Australia (Formerly Outrigger)   |
Ranked #18 of 66 Hotels in Cairns
Esperance, Australia
“Perfect location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

We loved staying at the Mantra, the location on the Esplanade is unbeatable! You can step out of the hotel and Cairns is at your fingertips. The excellent location and great balcony looking out to the sea and the Esplanade set a fantastic vibe for our holiday in Cairns. Bathroom great and beds are comfy and room is very quiet and sound proofed. The only thing the Mantra on the Esplanade can improve on is maybe splashing out and service the rooms daily instead of offering this at an extra charge. I'm not sure what the other rooms are like with their views but I would definitely choose this hotel over other ones if we can have the ocean facing rooms again.

Room Tip: Ocean facing rooms!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
mantraesp, General Manager at Mantra Esplanade Cairns, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Dear Erry89,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay with us.

To keep our rates competitive, we do not include a daily service.

We look forward to welcoming you back again to enjoy the ocean views!

Gaye Coughlan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

I have lived in Papua New Guinea for 17 years and Cairns is only a 1 hour flight away so has become our regular weekend away.
I have tried a LOT of apartments in Cairns - even other Mantra properties - but I keep returning to Mantra Esplanade.
The beds are the most comfortable, which means a huge deal to my husband.
The 2 bedroom apartment is absolutely fantastic for us and our 6 and 8 year old kids.
The location cannot be beaten.
The check-in is always so smooth, the staff helpful and the parking is great.
Thanks as always.

Room Tip: A nightclub on the street near McDonalds could keep you awake on Friday and Saturday nights if you h...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear macandmui,

Thank you for your wonderful feedback!!

I am so pleased we have become a family favourite and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

Have stayed at a number of mantra properties and can honestly say we have not been disappointed, was a little wary after booking when I read some of the reviews about the esplanade, I shouldnt have had any reservations as from the minute we arrived to the minute we left we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. We had a two bedroom apartment facing the town. It was very clean and excellent facilities. My sister and her husband who were visiting from overseas were amazed by the gorgeous master suite with beautiful bathroom. The staff were extremely polite, friendly and willing to help. Would definately not hesitate to stay again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Riehl_13,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post such a lovely review of the hotel and the staff.

I was so pleased to hear we were played a part in your positive memories of Cairns and impressed your overseas visitors!

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

I often stay at Mantra hotels as you always know you get a nice clean room with pleasant modern furniture and fittings. This Mantra however started off badly when we couldn't even get to our floor as the room key wouldn't work in the lift. The other two couples said they have the same problem every time. We had the same problem every time we used the lift!

The room itself was disappointing, VERY daggy furnishings and everything looked a bit old and tired. The room had a bit of a smell too. We were supposed to be in a two bedroom apartment but to go into our children's room we had to go through 2 very heavy doors, and you could not leave them open for easier access, not good if the children were young.

Lastly while the view of the Esplanade was nice, the room was SOOOOO noisy, not just from the street but from other people sitting out on their verandahs all around us talking until late. I had to ask our neighbors to quieten down as it sounded like they were in our room! (Our door was closed).

• Stayed June 2013
Dear Eleanor C,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review concerning your stay at Mantra Esplanade.

I have passed your concerns to the owner of the apartment you were in and this has motivated him to update his furnishings.

All our two bedroom ocean view apartments are dual key partments and I agree, the doors are heavy as they are fire doors which are required by law.

Had we known you had noisy neighbours, staff on duty would have asked them to quieten down as all our guests deserve a good night's sleep.

I am sorry on this occasion you did not leave with the positive Mantra experience we would like all our guests to have.

Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

best position.close to everything.ocean facing is the better option. swimming pool was too cold due to only getting sun for a few hours a day but the free lagoon was directly across the road. ladies at the front desk were very helpful. rooms are a little old need updating.

Room Tip: ocean facing is the better option.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
mantraesp, General Manager at Mantra Esplanade Cairns, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Dear alfrompenrith,

Thank you for taking the time to offer your views about recent at Mantra Esplanade, Cairns and I was pleased to hear that the staff helped make your holiday memorable for all the right reasons.

I shall pass your comments about the rooms needing a revamp to the owners.

I look forward to welcoming you back.

Brisbane, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

The mantra esplanade is in a terrific location right on the esplanade and close to everything. The apartments are your typical one bedroom apartment style with a small kitchenette and laundry.

The front office service was inconsistent, some days we would have really helpful staff and the other days we had staff members That seemed rather disinterested and didn't dally want to be there answering my questions. I also felt the security was very relaxed as we were not checked for our name or photo any time we needed our card rewritten to get in the room.

The bed is very soft, which I found uncomfortable as I have a bad back, but I'm sure this would suit other people. All in all this was an okay stay, it just did not feel quite upto the regular mantra standard.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear georgous_travels,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay with us.

I have passed your comments regarding the front desk staff to the manager concerned and I apologise that this aspect of your stay was not to the standard that it is usally at this property.

We look forward to welcoming you back again and hopefully you will leave with a better view of Mantra Esplanade.

Adelaide, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

Upon arrival, I had to drop my stuff off & quickly park the car. The reception was accommodating in passing a keycard to me before I was able to register. Good security. 24hr Reception. 200m away from the IM Melbourne expo and really close to shops. Room was good for me. Living room was big enough for 2 bikes and bedroom for 2 luggage. Spare pillow & rollovers in the closet with iron & board. Kitchenette with complete equipment. As I've already paid for the room charges, all I had to do is to drop my keycard at the box on the Guest Parking floor without heading to the reception desk (of course after calling to notify them first). Unfortunately, the airport for our room 620 was quite noisy.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Purrjen,

Thank you so much for providing such positive ffedback about your recent stay with us.

I hope you achieved the results you desired in the event and look forward to welcoming you back for next year's Ironman!

Gaye Coughlan

Been to Mantra Esplanade Cairns? Share your experiences!