“Excellent location - friendly staff - Cairns' best hotel!” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Early Booker
Ranked #4 of 66 Hotels in Cairns
Cairns, Qld
“Excellent location - friendly staff - Cairns' best hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2010

As a Cairns local, it is unusual for us to spend a night in town. So, when we are looking for places to stay for a night out, we look for a few things:
- location, location, location
- facilities
- value
If these are things you value in a hotel, then look no further than Pullman Reef Hotel Casino. It is located in the heart of town, with views over the city, the water and the mountains. It has all the facilities you need, to not have to leave the building, including spa, pool, restaurants (with the best laksa in town!), bars and the casino. If you do want to venture outside, it is a 2-minute walk to the Esplanade and waterfront - brilliant. Apart from all of these things, the Pullman's rooms are spacious and luxurious, the staff are friendly and helpful and it's the thoughtful touches that make your stay so memorable.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with friends
AdrianWilliams, General Manager at Pullman Reef Hotel Casino, responded to this review, February 18, 2010
Thank you for your comments JJ_Cairns. We are proud that you have rated us as the best hotel in Cairns. Our rooms are indeed large and well appointed and I am gald to hear that you took advantage of our wonderf bars and restaurants. We are the only hotel in town that offers free live entertainment six days a week.

We have recently added to our service two Audi cars: An A6 for guest convenience transfers and an A4 sports that is packaged so our guests can take the car themselves for up to four hours - perfect for a picnic to our northern beaches or tablelands!

You may also be interested to know that we have recently upgraded our in room TV content and now have 26 free to guest channels, 10 digital radio channels and shortly will upgrade to HD movie content.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (166)
China
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2010

I stayed at this hotel between Jan 17-20 for my Holiday trip, but I have a very unhappy experience with thia hotel.
1: I make the reservation on accor hotels official website and the rate is 140AUD per day.
so, the total statement should be 420AUD. but the hotel charged my credit card in Chinese Yuan(RMB) before my arrival. the rate is very bad, they charge me 2836RMB.
It means 1AUD=6.75RMB. In fact, 1AUD=6.0-6.2RMB. I have travelled to more than 30 countries, every hotel will charge the guests in local money, but why this hotel not, at least they should ask the guests what money they prefer.
2: When I check in, I ask the front desk staff about this problem, she can not reply, and said they will upgrade me to a oceanview room (715), but this room is smaller than the room they give me at fist.
3: When I check out, they charged me the safe box fee in room, 4AUD per day, but when I check in , the lady told me it will be free.
4: I missed my accor point, and they do not give me any invoice,
5: I have sent e-mail to the hotel both from accor,com and pullman.com, but NO REPLY.
and I have sent a e-mail to the hotel directly, also NO REPLY
I want to know, is this a standard of accor hotel, I will continue to complain until they give me a reasonable explaination.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with friends
We have received correspondence from this guest directly and have resolved the issues listed. Our hotel offers a choice of payment in AUD or the guest's own currency. In this instance the exchange rate did not work in the guest's favour and a refund was paid by the Foreign Exchange provider. As you will appreciate the exchange rate is not controlled in this instance by the hotel.

I am pleased that we have since received communication from this guest to say that he is satisfied and looks forward to returning to our property.

Adrian
Toowoomba Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2010

Everyone was so helpful From check in to room service to the breakfast staff to helping to organise a tour. My only regret is I didn't write down every ones name and then I could THANK YOU PERSONALLY-----Anyway we'll be back!!!!!!

so thankyou to all who dealt with us---You know who you are !

NK THEM PERSONALLY ON THIS SITE

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
AdrianWilliams, General Manager at Pullman Reef Hotel Casino, responded to this review, January 28, 2010
Thank you JOseph710 for the wonderful review. We are proud of the service our staff provide and very pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable time with us. I will pass on your comments to our team. We look forward to having you with us again.

Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2010

Stayed at the Pullman for three days in a junior suite - very comfortable bed, large amount of space and an excellent bathroom, all extremely clean. The TV was a bit small. The staff were excellent - very professional - my teenage sons were looking forward to the blueberry pancakes at the buffet breakfast but they were not available - the female chef must have overheard as five minutes later she brought some pancakes to our table - the boys were most impressed and it is little touches like that which can really lift a place.

We had room service and that was quick and flexible. The gym was ok for our inexpert use and the pool was pleasant though they could do with some decent shade around it.

The only thing that annoyed me was that each night I had to shut about 12 shutters manually and then each morning they would open them. I like it dark when I sleep!

The valet car parking was efficient and the concierge helpful. All the tours that we went on would pick us up at the front door so there was little need for a hire car unless you wanted to go sightseeing at your own pace. It is close enough to walk to the shops, night market, restaurants, and swimming areas. All in all, a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
AdrianWilliams, General Manager at Pullman Reef Hotel Casino, responded to this review, June 8, 2010
Dear Alan-j-sMelbourne

Thank you for your review. I'm pleased to read that you explored Cairns and found the night markets. It is always an interesting thing to do after exploring the Reef during the day!

warm regards

Cologne
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2010

The Pullman was our first stop during our 4 weeks honeymoon in AUS. The hotel is of good standard and the room was clean, spacious and well furbished. Parking is also fair at $8/night and many restaurants are in walking distance. Definetly a very good place to stay!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Dear jemei

Thank you for your review. I am glad that you enjoyed your first night of your honeymoon with us! I hope you enjoyed your time in our region and had a honeymoon to remember.

warm regards
Townsville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2009

We only had the one night here but as a Cairns local (now residing elsewhere) it was nice to stay somewhere I had not stayed for a long time. The hotel is close to everything and has restaurants, bars and entertainment in the complex and is walking distance to many others. The quality is there, the staff were helpful and the room was better than I remembered. We had a relaxing evening here and will return. Our only issue was noise from a neighbouring room, I poked my head out to see where it was coming from only to come face to face with a very kind staff member who rectified the situation immediately.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Dear Smartin33

Thank you for your review. It is really pleasing to have the support of a (former) Cairns resident for our property. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and you can talk with pride about your old city!

Warm regards,

s1cl
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2009

And they will- in a tropical environment- bar you from entering the casino- where the day before they will ask how much you had to drink. When I responded with a ridiculous number just to play around, they responded go have a good time.

Not a good casino. They'd do well to learn from vegas casino business approaches. As a prolific gambler- this casino is for rookies- and specifically looks to fleece casual gamers. They enjoy making customers into patsies as opposed to offering an experience. In other words- they just want you money, and poorly copy american casinos in function and don't grasp the form.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled solo
AdrianWilliams, General Manager at Pullman Reef Hotel Casino, responded to this review, December 18, 2009
Thank you for letting us know of your experience.

To provide a safe venue for our visitors to enjoy is of upmost importance to us so we are steadfast when it comes to upholding responsible service of alcohol regulations.

We create memorable experiences for our guests by offering a fabulous range of free entertainment 6 nights per week, very reasonably priced dining and beverage options, great value inclusive accommodation packages and a VIP Services department for dedicated gamblers

Adrian Williams

Been to Pullman Reef Hotel Casino? Share your experiences!