“NICE STAY” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 66 Hotels in Cairns
Nairobi, Kenya
“NICE STAY”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

We stayed in a junior suite for two nights. Nice and easy check in, even though we arrived early. Nice big clean room. Amazing bathroom, huge balcony. Breakfast was good. Poolside is nice and peaceful. They gave us a complimentary late check out, making life very easy. Can't fault the place at all. Great location. Lousy wifi...as is the case in most of Australia LOL.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Wayne R, General Manager at Pullman Reef Hotel Casino, responded to this review, August 27, 2014
Dear KulaRaha,
Great to read that you enjoyed your stay in one of our Junior Suites. They truly provide plenty of space for a relaxing holiday. Hopefully you will be able to come and visit us again sometime in the near future.
Thank you very much for taking the time to comment on your stay!
Yours sincerely,
W. Reynolds

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (179)
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

This Hotel consistently provides a relaxing stopover, the rooms are always perfect, very quiet with the most comfortable beds I have ever slept in and the staff are always helpful and friendly. I have been staying here for the past few years and would not consider another hotel. Breakfast or Dinner in Tamarind Restaurant is quick and easy as well.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Dear PODKS,
Thank you for your review and thank you for your loyalty! I is great to read that enjoy staying with us and that you are happy with the standard of service provided. The feedback from our guests is very important to us, as we strive to provide a superior experience for our customers.
We are looking forward to welcome you back for another relaxing stop over!
Kind regards,
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

This hotel is a little tired... But that was the least of our problems..

We normally like the Pullman chain and have stayed at this particular hotel several times of the last few years, but this was possibly our last.

Check in was 2pm, we arrived at about 1.50 and although being told our room was not ready yet, but would be soon.. We waited in the lobby, we went to check on its progress at 2.30pm, again told it would be ready in a few minutes, We finally got into our room at 3.15pm. Given we had a function to attend the delay was extremely inconvenient. I would rather them have told us at the start that it was still over an hour away so we could have done something useful.

You would also expect the room to be clean, but there was a big hair ball in the shower, dirty windows, a sink that was blocked just to name a few issues.

In the morning we left for a 7.30 meeting and let reception know we would like our room to be made up, we returned at 10.30 and it had not been done even though reception had said they would let house keeping know immediately. Housekeeping was on our floor at the time.

We left again for another appointment at 11.30 and again asked if our room could be serviced (again being told house keeping would be let know immediately) when I arrived back at about 1.30 it was only just being done.

We felt that one of the receptionist struggled with English and this may have exacerbated the issues.

All in all, very disappointed and very inconvenient.

Room Tip: Make sure you are very specific if you need your room serviced at specific times
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Wayne R, General Manager at Pullman Reef Hotel Casino, responded to this review, August 25, 2014
Dear al1079,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback. I do apologise that your stay did not meet your expectations and thank you for bringing the issues to my attention so that we may address them with the appropriate department. We thank you for choosing to stay with us and hope to have the opportunity to look after you again in the future.

Kind regards
Wayne Reynolds
Townsville, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014

I think this is the fourth review I have written for the Pullman Reef Hotel Casino and as I was advised on arrival on my most recent trip I have spent over 50 nights at this particular hotel which is testament to me coming back again and again. As I have said in a number of reviews I average over 150 nights per year in Hotels across Australia and the Asia Pacific and this is my favourite by far. Watching the staff interact with other patrons while having my coffee in the morning shows that they actively engage with guests to ensure their needs are met and have a desire to make everyone feel welcome. My staff stay there as well and they too look forward to going to cairns because they get to stay at the Pullman. Thanks again to the staff for making us feel at home :)

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Brisbane
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014

I really can not fault the Pullman! A lot of that has to do with being unbelievably lucky to be upgraded to the Presidential Suite! Absolutely gorgeous with its foyer, study, lounge, dining, kitchen, bedroom, bathroom with huge spa and the amazing views. I was travelling with a large conference group and had the opportunity to view the other rooms Pullman has to offer. All were fabulous with huge rooms, king size beds, enormous bath tubs and spectacular views. All the rooms I viewed were all upgraded suites so I can not comment on a standard room, however if the standard I saw was anything to go on, I assume the other rooms are just as good.

Restaurants and casino are great and add to this property. It is in the central town district so very convenient to the esplanade, shopping and restaurants.

I am looking to return to Cairns for a holiday to explore the area more and will be booking at the Pullman (not the Presidential Suite of course - a little out of my price range!). I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

The rooms are what makes this place so memorable. With white plantation shutters and a spa in each room you can simply relax or venture out down the street or downstairs to the casino. Room service is great as is the gym and pool area.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Adelaide
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

Amazing view from our room, the bed was unbelievably comfortable and location was great. The two main entrances for the casino complex with drive throughs that looked like a hotel check-in area turned out to be for the main casino only and noone was just inside the door to let us know how to find the hotel entrance and no signage to help with that. Finally found someone who said it was around the corner; turned out to be in a street under road works but managed to get through and found an entrance with a 'loading zone' along the street curb and several stairs to get up to the entrance. Service at this hotel was almost non-existent. We had to search for valet on arrival at 1pm. Concierge did not know anything about a courtesy stroller that was offered in their 'hotel services' menu in the room and when I said please ring me if you find one, he laughed and said 'that would be lucky!'. We were pleasantly surprised that they gave us 2 complimentary drink vouchers to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary, but slightly disappointed that it was only valid for a house wine, beer or slushie machine margarita in the Vertigo bar with sticky chairs and tables (at 3pm). I know it was free, but in the end it didn't feel terribly special. Our room was very comfortable with the exception of the air-conditioning. The thermostat would not accept a temperature over 20 degrees C, so we had to choose between switching it off completely or freezing. They sent a maintenance person and he assured us that is how it is meant to work, as it does not have a heating feature and offered us an oil space heater. Better than freezing at night, but I expected better from a hotel of this price range.

Room Tip: Amazing water view from room 614, however the AC did not work properly.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Dear Daniele 456,
Thank you very much for your feedback! We are delighted to read that you enjoyed our rooms and our comfortable beds. I am very sorry about your bad experience with our staff and also the problems with the air conditioning in your room. I have already followed these issues up with the team to prevent future occurrence.
Thank you again for your time and I hope you will consider staying with us again in the near future.
Yours sincerely,
W. Reynolds

Been to Pullman Reef Hotel Casino? Share your experiences!