“Thanks Again !!!!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 66 Hotels in Cairns
Townsville, Australia
“Thanks Again !!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014

I think this is the fourth review I have written for the Pullman Reef Hotel Casino and as I was advised on arrival on my most recent trip I have spent over 50 nights at this particular hotel which is testament to me coming back again and again. As I have said in a number of reviews I average over 150 nights per year in Hotels across Australia and the Asia Pacific and this is my favourite by far. Watching the staff interact with other patrons while having my coffee in the morning shows that they actively engage with guests to ensure their needs are met and have a desire to make everyone feel welcome. My staff stay there as well and they too look forward to going to cairns because they get to stay at the Pullman. Thanks again to the staff for making us feel at home :)

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (179)
Brisbane
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014

I really can not fault the Pullman! A lot of that has to do with being unbelievably lucky to be upgraded to the Presidential Suite! Absolutely gorgeous with its foyer, study, lounge, dining, kitchen, bedroom, bathroom with huge spa and the amazing views. I was travelling with a large conference group and had the opportunity to view the other rooms Pullman has to offer. All were fabulous with huge rooms, king size beds, enormous bath tubs and spectacular views. All the rooms I viewed were all upgraded suites so I can not comment on a standard room, however if the standard I saw was anything to go on, I assume the other rooms are just as good.

Restaurants and casino are great and add to this property. It is in the central town district so very convenient to the esplanade, shopping and restaurants.

I am looking to return to Cairns for a holiday to explore the area more and will be booking at the Pullman (not the Presidential Suite of course - a little out of my price range!). I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

The rooms are what makes this place so memorable. With white plantation shutters and a spa in each room you can simply relax or venture out down the street or downstairs to the casino. Room service is great as is the gym and pool area.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Adelaide
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

Amazing view from our room, the bed was unbelievably comfortable and location was great. The two main entrances for the casino complex with drive throughs that looked like a hotel check-in area turned out to be for the main casino only and noone was just inside the door to let us know how to find the hotel entrance and no signage to help with that. Finally found someone who said it was around the corner; turned out to be in a street under road works but managed to get through and found an entrance with a 'loading zone' along the street curb and several stairs to get up to the entrance. Service at this hotel was almost non-existent. We had to search for valet on arrival at 1pm. Concierge did not know anything about a courtesy stroller that was offered in their 'hotel services' menu in the room and when I said please ring me if you find one, he laughed and said 'that would be lucky!'. We were pleasantly surprised that they gave us 2 complimentary drink vouchers to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary, but slightly disappointed that it was only valid for a house wine, beer or slushie machine margarita in the Vertigo bar with sticky chairs and tables (at 3pm). I know it was free, but in the end it didn't feel terribly special. Our room was very comfortable with the exception of the air-conditioning. The thermostat would not accept a temperature over 20 degrees C, so we had to choose between switching it off completely or freezing. They sent a maintenance person and he assured us that is how it is meant to work, as it does not have a heating feature and offered us an oil space heater. Better than freezing at night, but I expected better from a hotel of this price range.

Room Tip: Amazing water view from room 614, however the AC did not work properly.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Wayne R, General Manager at Pullman Reef Hotel Casino, responded to this review, August 27, 2014
Dear Daniele 456,
Thank you very much for your feedback! We are delighted to read that you enjoyed our rooms and our comfortable beds. I am very sorry about your bad experience with our staff and also the problems with the air conditioning in your room. I have already followed these issues up with the team to prevent future occurrence.
Thank you again for your time and I hope you will consider staying with us again in the near future.
Yours sincerely,
W. Reynolds
Dubai
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

We recently spent 2 nights here as a last minute trip. All the standard rooms were up available and we had to pay for an executive room. The rooms are lovely but expensive. We had room service for dinner and breakfast and found the breakfast of good value but dinner meals were small and quite expensive.

There is parking underneath and the hotel provides you with an exit ticket.

Probably not the best value hotel in Cairns but of a high quality.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Wayne R, General Manager at Pullman Reef Hotel Casino, responded to this review, August 11, 2014
Dear AmeliainDubai,
Thank you for chosing to stay with us, we do appreciate you taking the time to post your comments. Great to read that you enjoyed breakfast, I'm sorry dinner was not to your expectations.
Kind regards
Wayne Reynolds
Brisbane
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

Stayed here for the Little Athletics carnival with my son in March 2014. Upgraded to a suite for $30 extra per night which is well worth the money. Very large room with 2 queens and sitting area. Excellent size bathroom and great balcony. Room service was excellent, fast, hot and good food. The reception was very helpful with any inquiry I had. The rooms are looking a little dated, but considering the tropical nature of the city, that is normal. The room was however spotless and the housekeeping top notch. I would highly recommend anyone staying in Cairns to stay here.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Dear OzTraveller99,
I hope your son did well in the athletics carnival. Thank you for taking the time to post your comments, I am pleased you enjoyed the size of the room and our very yummy room service.
Hope to see you back for the next carnival.
Kind regards
Wayne Reynolds

Been to Pullman Reef Hotel Casino? Share your experiences!