“Cairns esplanade” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Acacia Court Hotel

You added Acacia Court Hotel to your Saves list
Acacia Court Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   223-227 The Esplanade, Cairns, Queensland 4870, Australia   |
Ranked #53 of 66 Hotels in Cairns
Daintree
“Cairns esplanade”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

My husband and I live in the Daintree and often go to cairns overnight for shopping trips. We always stay at Acacia Court . The lady on reception is fantastic. She is pleasant and helpful.The ocean view rooms are very relaxing. The breakfast at Charlies is the best.

Room Tip: All floors above 2 have ocean views.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here on my own for 4 nights just before new year.
I researched hotels in Cairns carefully, I didn't want to spend too much but I didn't want to stay in a hostel so this hotel seemed like a good compromise. I had expected it to be closer to the CBD having read the description but it was about a 20 minute walk into town which, after lots of walking during the day was not what I wanted to do. I did eat in the buffet restaurant one night but, as I don't eat seafood I don't feel that I got my money's worth. I didn't feel the food was of particularly high quality either.
I had three occasions to talk to reception after check-in and each time I had to wait at least 5 minutes before I was served. On one occasion I had gone into the bathroom to have a shower only to discover I had no towels. I had to get dressed again and go down to reception. When I spoke to the lady on reception she said "it will be hanging on the back of the door" she was very sarcastic and implied that I had not looked everywhere or that I was trying to get extra towels. Reluctantly she gave me a towel.
On the other occasions I asked a question, even when I just asked for a map it seemed like too much trouble.
Only other tip is that if you pay for wifi make sure you disconnect each time as the time counts down when your connection is dormant not just when you are actively browsing.

Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Eindhoven, The Netherlands
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

We arrived in Australia the day we checked into this hotel. The lady at the counter was blunt and did not give us a warm welcome.
The room we got had no view and was outdated. The plus side is that it was quiet and had a good bed to sleep in. The walk from the city centre to the hotel is about 20 minutes.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Cairns, Queensland, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

We were looking for somewhere to spend New Years Eve on the Esplanade so as we could sit on our balcony & watch the fireworks. We googled this hotel which had rooms available with a balcony & mountain view, so perfect we paid triple the usual price being New Years Eve & off we went babysitter arranged & car packed. On arrival we were horrified to walk into our room as small as a broom cupboard, dirty, no wine glasses, and definateley NO BALCONY!! Only a roof outside our window!! So we had to walk a long way into town, buy drinks when we had brought our own,catch cabs as you would not spend 1 minute in this dirty poor excuse for a room. Had we known we would have stayed home!! And the hotel refused to refund our money despite the false advertising!! A tent would be more luxurious than this place or even a back packers save yourself the grief go elsewhere, somewhere reputable!!!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Cairns
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

The Hotel as stated by some is NOT close to the CBD. Over two weeks between 3 families we stayed at this hotel 7 nights in all. The rooms included meals which were ok, the rooms were mouldy and old. Most things we could put up with for the price. The issue is customer service- the people behind the reception particularly the lady with all the gold bracelets and bangles on were nothing but absolute pigs, rude abrupt, couldn't find our internet booking at any time we stayed there and said "oh come back later we have been busy"
We gave the hotel many chances as not wanting to whinge but when a smile is not offered and they struggle to do the job they are employed for it makes you determined to go elsewhere, and we did, The heritage was just great, closer to town and Rosemary the manager is a gem smiling and very willing to help.

Room Tip: Mountain view rooms have a view of the car park more than mountains.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

I spent two nights in this hotel on the seventh floor with a great view of the Cairn's Esplanade. The room was clean and comfortable and the staff was ok, but they could have used a little more help at the front desk. The restaurant (buffet) in the hotel was so-so, although there are many better places to eat just a short walk away.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for an ocean view room - above the 3rd floor.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Delfzijl
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

This hotel is close to Cairns City Centre and on the Promenade.. nice walk to restaurants etc, but you can stay as well for the buffet. Clean and comfortable and I think all of my group enjoyed the week we spent here.. thanks!

Room Tip: Room with seeview with balcony is everything you want.. but the rest of the rooms at the back are fi...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Acacia Court Hotel? Share your experiences!