“Great Service” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 66 Hotels in Cairns
Cairns, QLD
“Great Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

The reception team were fantastic. I arrived a little early and was unable to check in straight away, however the hotel was happy to hold my bags. When I returned later in the day, I was greeted by name and checked straight in.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

John L, General Manager at Hilton Cairns, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Dear Kizl,

Thank you for the review via Tripadvisor. It’s great to read the Front Desk team were accommodating and welcoming. We really appreciate the support from our locals and hope we can welcome you back again soon.

Your sincerely,

John Lucas| General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (220)
  • Korean first
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

had to wait to check in till 3.30 pm, no chocolates sent as promised, ants in the room and tv table, went all in our clothes kept on table.. view blocked by the plants in balcony, by spa room they mean a bath tub :) better stay home only if this is what they offer. we were given corner room with bad view towards the right...

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

John L, General Manager at Hilton Cairns, responded to this review, January 1, 2014
Dear Swati,

Thank you for taking the time to complete your Tripadvisor review.

In my communication with you directly, offline from Tripadvisor, I emphasised my concerns with your experience and apologised for the short comings. I do hope we can welcome you back again should you choose to holiday in the Tropical North again.

Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

Stayed 3 days at this hotel. Fantastic location - 2 minute walk to the boat terminal from where all the tours depart to the reef. Close also to many restaurants, shops and the esplanade. Great staff and fantastic breakfast .. And good views of the bay from parts of the hotel!

Go for it!

Stayed November 2013
John L, General Manager at Hilton Cairns, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Dear Traveller,

Thank you for taking the time to review Hilton Cairns via Tripadvisor. I see you’ve travelled a long way from home and it’s great to read that you’ve enjoyed your time in the Tropical North of Australia and here at Hilton Cairns. I hope we can welcome you back again some day.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

We spent 4 nights at the Cairns Hilton and had 2 rooms. Being Gold we were upgraded to the Executive rooms. The room were large with a view of the water. Clean, maintained well, and in perfect condition. We also has access to the excellent lounge which offered a nice breakfast, not just rolls and coffee. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. They answered the phone quickly, had the answers I wanted, delivered room service fast (and was good), and always had smiles on their faces.

We ate some breakfasts and dinner in the Hanuman Restaurant. Breakfast was the best of everywhere I stayed in Australia. They had American and Japanese food. A great assortment of both. Dinner was delicious.

The hotel is 2 minutes from the pier for our diving, 2 minutes to great restaurants on the Esplanade, and 15 minutes to the Skyway to Kuranda.

All 4 of us enjoyed the hotel. Thanks for a great stay!

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Dear Traveller,

Thank you for the Tripadvisor review following your stay with us. I’m pleased to read you and the family have enjoyed your Hilton Cairns experience and taken some time to relax in our wonderful warm weather before heading home. Thank you for your on going support of the Hilton group and I hope we can welcome you back again sometime.

Frisco, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

Very accommodating using HH points to get a large room for our family of five. Quick walk to casino, restaurants, etc. Decent HH lounge. Great views of the bay - very tidal. Recommend some fishing between dive trips to the GB reef. Super friendly locals.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear Traveller,

Thank for choosing to bring the family on a trip to the Tropical North – it’s great to read that you’ve all enjoyed your stay. I’m pleased you found time to experience the hotel’s convenient waterfront location and managed fishing and diving on the Great Barrier Reef in between.

I hope you’ll have the opportunity to return again.

Yours sincerely John Lucas| General Manager
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

My friends and I stayed here during our short trip to Cairns and we loved the hotel. Upon arrival we were warmly greeted by a friendly member of staff (I believe he may have been called Ritesh). In fact Ritesh was lovely throughout our stay, always remembering us and he was extremely helpful when we had any queries or problems with transport or trips. We booked two king size rooms and they both came with an incredible view over the water and mountains. The rooms themselves were large, clean and very comfortable. The kingsize beds were incredibly comfy and provided a great nights sleep. My only issue was that I could never get the water temperature I wanted - the tap at the sink didn't actually run cold but instead ran slightly warm and the shower was warm but never hot even when turned fully up. However these were minor issues for me and a fridge was provided if I needed to make drinking water cold.

The hotel is ideally located if you are planning on booking a trip to the Great Barrier Reef as the boats depart only a few minutes walk from the hotel. It is also only a short walk to a variety of shops, restaurants and bars. I would have preferred to have free wifi in the rooms but I know is is not standard for Hilton hotels (and almost $15 per day for Internet seemed a bit expensive) but they do offer free wifi downstairs in the lobby. I would be more than happy to stay at the Hilton if I returned to Cairns and I would encourage others to do so too.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Sarah,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a comprehensive review following your stay with us at Hilton Cairns. I’m especially pleased to note your commendation of Ritesh and I know he’s very pleased to be mentioned by name. It’s great you and your friends have enjoyed your stay and it sounds like you’ve been busy experiencing the range of attractions available. I hope you have the opportunity to once again escape a UK winter and visit us here in the Tropics.

Sydney, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

Booked a King Spa Suite after looking at the pictures online looked nice. But the photos better then the room. The room was small and the spa well only just good for one person. Ordered extra tea bags as they only supplied 2 only got four more and was charged $18.00 Staff were good but overall would not recommend this hotel to anyone. Lots more this class for half the price in Cairns.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Andrew,

Thank you for taking the time to review Hilton Cairns and I’m sorry to read your experience was not at the expected level. It is our goal to ensure that every guest experience is positive so your comments are appreciated.

John Lucas| General Manager

Been to Hilton Cairns? Share your experiences!