“Fit for Purpose” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Cairns Sheridan Hotel

You added Cairns Sheridan Hotel to your Saves list
Cairns Sheridan Hotel
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   295 Sheridan St, Cairns, Queensland 4870, Australia (Formerly Quality Hotel Sheridan Plaza)   |
Special Rate
A$129 Inc. 2 Buffet Brfst
Ranked #12 of 66 Hotels in Cairns
Wellington, New Zealand
“Fit for Purpose”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

My daughter needed somewhere close to hospital to recover from minor surgery. The accommodation more than met our expectations.

Housekeeping, reception and restaurant staff were just so friendly and helpful. Clean tidy Hotel.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
sheridan295, General Manager at Cairns Sheridan Hotel, responded to this review, August 13, 2014
Thank you for your kind comments. Yes, besides being the closest major hotel to the Cairns Airports we are also very handy to Both the Cairns Hospital and Cairns Private Hospital. We are the perfect location for a hospital visit and we can often get you down there in our own shuttle bus. I hope everything went well for your daughter.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Hobart, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

We chose the Sheridan Hotel because of its closeness to the Airport as we were arriving late on our first day and then 10 days later when we were departing we had a pre 6am flight , so being handy to the Airport was a major factor at choosing this hotel. The Sheridan also has great deals on its personal website which we were able to pick up 2 nights of quality accommodation inc internet , breakfast and free movies at a great price.The staff were extremely helpful and very polite and nothing was too hard for them, they arranged the taxi and the early morning wake up call for us. Great service and would definitely stay here again next time we are in Cairns.Surprisingly didn't hear any airport noise.Probably could improve in room lighting and the bathrooms need to updated in the near future.

Room Tip: we stayed both on the 2nd and 3rd floors and found great quiet rooms.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your review. You may of noticed that we have enlarged the deck and in the process of expanding the restaurant. We are also embarking on a bathroom renovation program which will see all our bathroom fittings replaced. This should be finished in the next few months. We are continuously looking for ways to improve our hotel and all our guest feedback helps us in making these decisions.
Sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

I found the staff always helpful and friendly. The rooms were well kept, clean, and comfortable. The hotel was undergoing some construction work around the pool area and there was a little bit of noise. This was only ever through the day and was more than acceptable. You can see that the owner has plans in place for the hotel.

The hotel is a bit away from the CBD but having walked the distance a couple of times was quite a nice 40 minute stroll. The hotel is next to a Bottle Shop/Pub, Service Station, and across the road from a Hamburger Bar.

My room included breakfast in the rate, and the breakfast, whilst not a vast range, was more than adequate, the seating comfortable. The breakfast area is closer to where the construction work was going on so a bit of noise may be heard.

The rooms were large enough, all of the furnishings were in great order. I had trouble getting the cable/movies to work. I advised the reception staff on the way out and it was fixed for me by the time I returned that day.

The only downside I could find was the noise from the room next door. I could hear them talking on the phone, television, shower, toilet, virtually anything they did. This, whilst at times was an annoyance I accepted it, as part of hotel style accommodation.

I was lucky that I had it only on one side of my room as my room was at the southern corner of the hotel. All in all, I cant really fault this hotel other than the above. It is more than acceptable for hotel accommodation, the tariff was affordable, the place was clean, the staff were friendly and obliging.

Sorry TA wont let me rate, cleanliness, location or value. I give these a 5.

Would I stay there again ? Yes, definitely, would I recommend it to others ? Yes, certainly would. Thank you Cairns Sheridan Hotel.

Room Tip: Choose a room if possible on the Macleod Street side. If possible, level 4 or 5, and a room at the c...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
sheridan295, General Manager at Cairns Sheridan Hotel, responded to this review, August 4, 2014
Thank you so much for your review, your comments are greatly appreciated. The renovations on the deck area should be completed next week. This new, completely covered outside area will be an absolute bonus to all our guests.
Gold Coast, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

Excellent Hotel and good value for money. Large room very well appointed.with balcony. About 2.3KM outside the city centre. A nice 35min walk along the waterfront boardwalk. Dunwoodys is a great casual low priced hotel/restaurant next door.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you so much for your review, your comments are greatly appreciated. Dunwoodys is an excellent entertainment hotel with pokies, horse racing TAB and bars. And it's right next door to us.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014 via mobile

The staff are great, the rooms are well kept and it's a half hour walk to the town centre or a $10 taxi.
Unfortunately it's quite noisy but it's nothing than can be sorted easily. Every time someone in a nearby room used the bathroom it was so loud that I'd wake up and there was some sort of renovation happening on the outdoor area where workmen would start before 8am.

• Stayed July 2014
Thank you for your review and I apologise for the current upgrading of our outside pool and deck area. This new, covered deck area should be completed shortly and will give our guests an excellent area to unwind and relax with a cold beer in the balmy tropical nights.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

Travelling to the Cairns area for my job I like to stay at Cairns Sheridan Hotel. After long working days the friendly staff make you feel coming home. And lovely Jenn looks after me as a mother. Thanks Jenn.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone who is travelling to Cairns.
Thank you all. See you next time.
Ton Driessen

Room Tip: I prefer room 322
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you so much for your review, your comments are greatly appreciated.
Hamilton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

Cairns Sheridan is on the main Sheridan St so is very handy with most buses going in & out of central city within 15 mins ! The staff are very warm, friendly & helpful, we loved our 4 day stay there. The room was clean, tidy & warm with lovely mountain views. Breakfast was warm & fresh everyday. We would definitely recommend Cairns Sheridan to all our family & friends.

Room Tip: Choose a room facing the swimming pool that way it is away from the main road & the noise.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

sheridan295, General Manager at Cairns Sheridan Hotel, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Thank you so much for your kind words, they are greatly appreciated.

Been to Cairns Sheridan Hotel? Share your experiences!