“Warm staff & convenient location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Cairns Sheridan Hotel

You added Cairns Sheridan Hotel to your Saves list
Cairns Sheridan Hotel
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   295 Sheridan St, Cairns, Queensland 4870, Australia (Formerly Quality Hotel Sheridan Plaza)   |
Ranked #12 of 66 Hotels in Cairns
Hamilton
“Warm staff & convenient location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

Cairns Sheridan is on the main Sheridan St so is very handy with most buses going in & out of central city within 15 mins ! The staff are very warm, friendly & helpful, we loved our 4 day stay there. The room was clean, tidy & warm with lovely mountain views. Breakfast was warm & fresh everyday. We would definitely recommend Cairns Sheridan to all our family & friends.

Room Tip: Choose a room facing the swimming pool that way it is away from the main road & the noise.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

sheridan295, General Manager at Cairns Sheridan Hotel, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Thank you so much for your kind words, they are greatly appreciated.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

I have been staying at Cairns Sheridan Hotel for over 12 years, both on business and on holiday.
Without exception the service has been excellent, the staff are friendly and professional and the rooms clean and fresh.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone who is travelling to Cairns

Room Tip: all rooms are clean and quiet

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

sheridan295, General Manager at Cairns Sheridan Hotel, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
Thank you so much for your generous comments. They are greatly appreciated.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

The staff were amazingly helpful and friendly. They were very respectful and caring. We were part of a group staying at the hotel to attend a funeral in Cairns. The rooms were very clean and functional and the morning tea spread they provided for the family post funeral was delicious. Thank you to all the wonderful staff. We would stay there again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

I am sorry for your loss but I am glad to hear our staff were helpful and understanding. Hospitality is about anticipating guests needs and being able to adjust to all situations. It is always nice to hear our efforts are appreciated. Thank you.
Perth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

I arrived jetlagged and tired at 6am. I arrived a little sceptical at the distance it was from the town centre, but was pleased that it was no more than a 5 minute drive from the airport.

Being quite early, I'll forgive the staff member for not being the most cheeriest man on the planet however after a very prompt and quick check-in I was allocated a big spacious and very clean room facing the pool, being kindly permitted to check-in many hours early.

This hotel by far, proved to be one of the best I have ever stayed in. It was so easy, so clean, so quiet and had absolutely friendly staff. I loved the lady (regrettably, I have forgotten her name) who greeted me so warmly every morning at breakfast, and the staff members who genuinely

Stewart was a legend! Not only did he give me a lift into town (which is no more than a short bus ride away) but took me to the airport before my flight back to Perth! As a student travelling, I could not appreciate this gesture more!

The restaurant is fantastic, I had lunch there on two occasions and both times the food was served perfectly with excellent service from ALL staff. The breakfast buffet was one of the best I have ever had, such a great selection for a 'smaller' hotel.

The WiFi as part of my package was complimentary and was very decent. The signal strength on my room on the third floor was very strong so business travellers shouldn't have to worry about any drop-outs (unlike some 5-star hotels!)

Despite being close to a major road (which is where Hotels should be anyway!), there was not a noise that I heard when I went to bed about 10:30pm each night. The traffic really dies off at night in Cairns and I had such a comfortable sleep in a nice bed. The benefits of it being close to a major road (Sheridan St) is that there are 5 or so bus routes passing at 5-15min intervals throughout the day, evening and on weekends and the bus ride is no more than 5-7 minutes to the city or Esplanade.

I had one tiny little problem with some ants that seemed have made there way into my room (probably from the balcony?) on the first night. I notified reception and they promptly and kindly dealt with the issue. So after that there were no problems.

This hotel should pride itself on having beautiful staff, crisp and clean linen and rooms, a fantastic restaurant and restaurant staff, and a head management team that really looks after and interacts with it's guests. I will definitely be staying here again on my next trip to far north Queensland.

Room Tip: Book a room with a balcony which has a nice view over the central courtyard and the distant hills. I...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
sheridan295, General Manager at Cairns Sheridan Hotel, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Wow, thank you so much for your overwhelming review. There is certainly nothing I can add to your comments other than to say that we also love this hotel, but moreover we love it even more when our guests tell us that they love staying here. We are diligent in guest satisfaction and service, and your comments justify our continued commitment to our guests. Thanks again, it makes all the hard work worthwhile.
Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

1. Generally the hotel staff were friendly and easy to talk to.
2. There were not much noise/disturbance from people in the bar. The hotel is quiet and is a place to look out for when visitors intend to visit Cairns.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side are quieter

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you so much for your comments. They are greatly appreciated.
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

I booked this place unseen. It was $119 for bed and a hot breakfast. There are plenty of other places as I drove in to stay for $75 or less. But this place was very well equipped. The bed was very comfortable,which really never happens in cheap hotels. The breakfast was filling and basic but very peasant. Plus bonus next door is a great pub. Only problem is I hate showers over a bathtub

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
sheridan295, General Manager at Cairns Sheridan Hotel, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
I see you are from God's own country, Perth. It sound like you thoroughly enjoyed your stay in Cairns and that has a lot to do with your choice of not stopping at the cheap motels along the way. You chose us but I'm really not comfortable being compared to a cheap hotel as the only thing cheap here is the price of staying here. Cairns hotels are very competitive and as such bargains are abundant at the moment. As you found us to be value for money. Coming from Perth I bet you have not had a shower like ours for a long time. The water comes out hot and very strong. Here it is again, the hoteliers conundrum, some like baths and will have a bath, some, like yourself, just want the shower. If you come again ask for a room with a separate shower, we may be able to accommodate you. Thanks again for sharing your comments.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

I stay there regularly for business and the staff and service is great! The staff go out of their way to make you feel welcome and are happy to accommodate your preferences. Would recommend it to anyone....great value.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thanks Vikki. You and your colleagues are always most welcome and thank you for sharing your experience with others. Your review is greatly appreciated and I look forward to your next visit.

Been to Cairns Sheridan Hotel? Share your experiences!