My fiance and myself stayed here from the 26th Dec 2009 till 2nd Jan 2010. Checking in was smooth and the front desk staff were helpful. The view from our room was not bad as we had views over Cairns and the water. The food in the resturant is excellent and i would eat there again for both breakfast and lunch. That is where the enjoyment of this hotel ended....
The room was very dated. The "king size" bed was two singles pushed together and it was rock hard, the pillows were thin and i woke up with a stiff neck every morning, (i asked one of the housekeepers if there was different pillows and told there wasn't) the shower head is low so being a regular size guy i had to duck to use it, there were holes in the curtain so you cant sleep in with the sun coming in through the holes, our room was next to the elevators so we had the noise of them operating at night, outside our room on the roof of the resturant kitchen im guessing was the exhaust fan for the kitchen which was annoying if you wanted to relax on your balcony in the evening.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Location, location, location. The Pacific Hotel Cairns is conveniently located on the picturesque Esplanade overlooking Trinity Harbour and opposite the departure terminal to the Great Barrier Reef. Only a short walk to the resort style Esplanade Lagoon, waterfront boardwalks, tropical parklands, Casino and shopping precinct .Beautifully appointed rooms have balconies offering fantastic views. Onsite is a swimming pool, Sugarcane Rhumbar and Bushfire Flame Grill Restaurant offering Brazilian inspired, Australian style BBQ. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, HotelTravel.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Pacific Hotel Cairns reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pacific International Cairns
- Hotel Pacific International