My husband and I stayed here for a few nights on our honeymoon. Such a great decision! The hotel is in the perfect location. It is by the reef fleet terminal (for all the days you go out to the great barrier reef) and it is on the esplanade which makes for easy access to nice long walks. We walked down to the botanical gardens one day and it was just around 4km. The hotel is also just a $25 taxi from the airport.
The rooms were great. We paid in advance for a discount and got a deluxe corner room - it is worth it! With our wrap around balcony facing the water we had the most amazing views at sunrise and sunset. The room had a nice little sitting area and the bed was comfortable. There is a fridge in the room which was great because we picked up snacks at the nearby grocery store a few times. There is also a clothes line in the bathroom which we appreciated for hanging up wet things. Nice big bathroom and good water pressure.
We didn't eat at the restaurant so can't comment on that but the room service prices seemed reasonable. Not too noisy except one afternoon when a group exercise class was going on on the esplanade outside - we rather enjoyed the music though.
All in all a great stay and definitely worth getting a deluxe corner room!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Location, location, location. The Pacific Hotel Cairns is conveniently located on the picturesque Esplanade overlooking Trinity Harbour and opposite the departure terminal to the Great Barrier Reef. Only a short walk to the resort style Esplanade Lagoon, waterfront boardwalks, tropical parklands, Casino and shopping precinct .Beautifully appointed rooms have balconies offering fantastic views. Onsite is a swimming pool, Sugarcane Rhumbar and Bushfire Flame Grill Restaurant offering Brazilian inspired, Australian style BBQ. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, HotelTravel.com, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Priceline, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Pacific Hotel Cairns reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pacific International Cairns
- Hotel Pacific International