My husband and I had a Christmas party to attend in Cairns and rather than drive the hour home we decided to stay over night. We did a last minute booking so got our room for a very good price. We had a lovely view out across the city and over to the moutains beyond.
The room was spotlessly clean and had everything we needed. The bed was enormous and very very comfortable.
We had just one issue and it concerned the temperature that the Air con was set at. You have no control of the temperature just the speed of the fan and we understand why as this enables the hotel to maintain the temperature evenly, this only works however if the temperature is correct. Our room was not cool enough for us, you didn't or couldn't use a sheet whilst sleeping, we just lay on the top of the sheets, just not cool enough to sleep easily.
There is no ceiling fan in the room to circulate the air and if you open the door to the balcony the air con has to be turned off which in December is not an option if their is no ceiling fan.
We would have liked to have changed the rooms temperature but the last thing you want to do is get on the phone in the middle of the night to try and sort the problem out
If we had been staying longer we would have spoken with reception to get the temperature altered but as we were only staying the one night we just put up with the slightly uncomfortable nights sleep.
We would definitely stay here again however as everything else was wonderful and the room temperature issue could I'm sure have been fixed.
- Also Known As:
- Pacific International Cairns
- Hotel Pacific International
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Location, location, location. The Pacific International is conveniently located on the picturesque Esplanade overlooking Trinity Harbour and opposite the departure terminal to the Great Barrier Reef. Only a short walk to the resort style Esplanade Lagoon, waterfront boardwalks, tropical parklands, Casino and shopping precinct .Beautifully appointed rooms have balconies offering fantastic views. Onsite is a swimming pool, tour desk Sugarcane Rhumbar and.Bushfire Flame Grill Restaurant offering Brazilian inspired, Australian style BBQ. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Tingo, HotelTravel.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Venere and Otel so you can book your Pacific Hotel Cairns reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.