“Wonderful day at the reef” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #24 of 116 activities in Cairns
Type: Boat Tours
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Sail to the picturesque Upolu Reef on our charming catamaran for a relaxing yet fun filled sailing trip. Avoid the crowds and experience the Great Barrier Reef the way nature intended. With a maximum of 20 people we offer a friendly personalised experience.
Cairns, Australia
5 attraction reviews
“Wonderful day at the reef”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

I loved this trip to the reef! We had such a great day. The crew were so friendly and helpful. They took the time to chat with everyone on board. They helped people that needed assistance in the water. The guided snorkel tours were great, they were long and went out of their way to find marine life for us. Lunch was delicious and plenty to go around. Over all I really liked how the trip was more personalised because of the small numbers. I have been on bigger boats to the reef before, this was is my favourite

The reef locations were good, we saw lot of different marine life. We saw a 2 meter sea snake, turtles, sting ray, and so many beautiful colourful fish. I would highly recommend this trip f you are considering it :)

Visited August 2013

Bristol, United Kingdom
“best day of my life so far :-)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

I went on this day trip yesterday and it was the best thing I have ever done!!

Let me explain why:- Had a shuttle pick up from the hotel early at 7am and we headed to the marina. It was a delight to see such a friendly crew greeting you on board with tea and coffee. It was an added bonus that there was only 15 of us on board the catamaran compared to the 100+ on other tours - it very much seemed like a personal tour with a 1 on 1 focus. All of the crew made you feel especially welcome.

I had spinal surgery about 4 years ago and the crew said I was fine to do the scuba diving yet they still took extra care getting me kitted up with the heavy airtank etc. Felt very safe and looked after.

The weather was superb, the animal sightings were spectacular and 'Barry' the barracuda swam about 3 inches infront of my face!

The food was superb for a cold lunch and overall I couldn't have asked for much more!

Book it!

Visited August 2013
Baltimore, Maryland, United States
“Great way to see the GBR”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

My wife and I had a wonderful day out with Reef Daytripper. The Captain (John) and crew (Eddie & Garret) were very fun, friendly, and helpful throughout the trip. It is a small catamaran which was great because there were only about 20 people with us compared to the 100+ on some of the big boats. Big crowds of tourists are definitely not our scene so this boat was perfect for us. Everyone snorkeled before and after a substantial and surprisingly tasty lunch. I Scuba dove with Eddie and he showed me a lot of cool stuff on and around the reef. The visibility wasn't great but we still saw a ton of great fish. On the way back to shore, the crew served us wine, cheese, and fruit which was an unexpected perk. I definitely recommend booking with this boat for a fun day out on the reef!

Visited July 2013
Utrecht, The Netherlands
3 attraction reviews
“Great day & crew - small groups”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

Had an amazing day out on the reef with Reef Daytripper! We saw big turtles, a few white-tipped reef sharks off in the distance ( :-) ) and heaps of other fish. The crew members are very friendly; the food was great! And for those of you wearing glasses, they have prescription masks you can use for free (prescriptions go up to –8).

Visited February 2013
Hong Kong, null, Hong Kong
“totally recommend this trip!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

hello, we checked the reviews online for many reef excursions and fell for this one.. its exactly as others said.. excellent! let me clarify:

we were only 15 on the boat plus crew. instead of a massive amount through other companies.. i think they take max 20 or so. bear in mind its a small catamaran, so can be rocky with weather. also, we went to upolu reef with only 1 other boat a mile away. its like a personalised cruise, without extortionate pricing. you spend about 3.5 hrs at the reef, which was just right. the weather wasnt totally with us, but had a great time anyhow.

mark and his crew are great and supportive. we were 2 adults and 2 kids of 7 and 11. did snorkeling and even intro dive, which was very reasonably priced and personalised.

totally advise u to take this cruise! thanks team!

Visited July 2013