“A great alternative to backpacker options!” 5 of 5 stars

38 Abbott Street, Cairns, Queensland 4870 QLD , Australia
Improve this listing
Ranked #78 of 429 Restaurants in Cairns
Singapore, Singapore
“A great alternative to backpacker options!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

This chic cafe is on the corner of Abbott St and serves delicious menu option with great quality food.

It's not expensive, but not cheap either. You get what you pay for and the pricing is comparable to similar cafes in other bigger cities.

As I said it's a nice alternative to the other donong options which cater to tourists and backer packers.

I am looking forward to trying it again tomorrow!

Hoover, Alabama
“No idea why this is not tops in Cairns”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

My wife and I visited Cairns in June 2013, and I have absolutely no idea why this place is not listed higher on the list, if not number 1. This was without a doubt our favorite place for lunch or breakfast. Note: all the seating is outside, and you basically seat yourself, so it can be a little hectic when busy, but there are plenty of tables. The service is a little slower that you might want if you are in a big hurry and they are busy, but we ate there at least 3 times during our 9 day stay and every time were extremely satisfied. Breakfast was our favorite. Very pleasant experience sitting outside right in the middle of the main sections of Cairns, within a block of the lagoon. I had read somewhere that I had to try the french toast with bananas and it did not disappoint. My wife got the pancakes one morning and the baked eggs with chickpeas another. Both were awesome. We did not eat dinner there, just breaky and brunch, but the dinner menu looked better than anything we saw at any other place in Cairns during our stay. For dinner, I'd recommend driving up to Palm Cove. Better options. As I mentioned we ate there 3 of 9 days, so we give it 2 big thumbs up..

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Good food / good service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

Really good coffe !
I had a chicken cesard salad witch was really good. The staff is nice and helpful ! The location is perfect. I truly recommend this place in Cairns to have a good coffe. The price are correct.

Melbourne Australia
“Good Food and Good Value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

This is an excellent restuarant. We ate there twice, once a lunch & dinner the following night. Both times we found the food to be fresh & lovely. We presented & good value too. I loved the Pumpkin Ricotta crepes & the Rigatoni with meat balls in tomato sauce that my wife had was also sensational. The outdoor setting of the cafe is an excellent setting.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Dublin
“Good service, good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

We ate dinner at Perrotta's and enjoyed the experience. The service was very good (especially the bartender) and the food was pretty good too, including an excellent sticky date pudding. We ate outside and enjoyed the pleasant night-time temperature (at this time of year). Worth checking out if you're looking for somewhere to eat in Cairns.

• Visited June 2013