“Poor customer service and average food” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Key West, Florida
“Poor customer service and average food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

I stopped in at Macaron's for a quick bite and a drink with a friend. I ordered two cakes, a coffee, a tea and a croissant. First off, it took me about 8 minutes to pay for it because the women who served me got 'stuck' on the phone with 'the boss' instead of just putting him on hold and finishing off my order. So then, the other waitress came. I told them 3 times NOT TO MICROWAVE the croissant and put it in an oven instead. 2 minutes later, he it arrives - a microwaved croissant. Very hot inside and barely warm outside. It's a shame because I've been working in restaurant for years and can differentiate between a microwaved food and warmed up from an oven. The macaroon and chocolate cake were ok but the tea was very, very sweet. I wonder if they put sugar into it. The white tea pot itself was a mess. Dirty from the chocolate and probably the waitress' fingerprints when dealing with our cakes. I cannot believe she served it to me like that without even realizing it's dirty on the outside! The tables were wobbly and the decor is rather average. In overall, we weren't impressed and not sure if we will be back.

Visited May 2014

“La crapê”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014 via mobile

I went for the macaron thinking the shop would be as fabulous as the macaroon shop in The Rocks Sydney and is wasn't.

Very limited selection of pastries. The display case was disgusting, the racks the macaroons were on were dirty. The macaroons themselves were weird, blue colored green tea flavor, green colored milo flavor. That chef must have been on acid, blue green tea? Not to mention they were flavorless and tasted like the fridge. Certain that gunk must have been an old tomato left in the corner of the fridge. Horrible. The Danishes were flat at a tac, tasty but deflated.

The atmosphere was average. Hit and miss decor, not the self declared patisserie - was probably the Cottees brand ice cream toppings on display (not really French). No consistency in theming, they must have styled this place using Pintrest.

Don't waste your time, it's worth spending money on flights and getting the real deal from Sydney.

• Visited June 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Cairns, Australia
“DELISH Delights”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

Best dining culture in Cairns. Wickedly Devine cakes and lunch items. GOOD size serve at a reasonable price, which seems rare to find both! Quick service, very clean and transparent kitchen-see who's making your lunch :)

Visited June 2014
Melbourne, Australia
“Big servings for reasonable prices”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014 via mobile

Wow! My niece suggested we have Sunday brunch at the cafe next door but they were full. Looked at the menu here and decided to give it a try. What we didn't expect were the huge servings of very yummy food! The eggs were perfectly cooked, bacon crisp, lots of toast and a divine hollandaise.
Next time we'll share though...

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Cairns
“Still waiting for breakfast”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

My son and I decided to have breakfast in town before he started work. We chose this cafe as we have eaten here before. Ordered 2 coffees a fruit salad and bacon and eggs. Was told there was a wait on the eggs, said ok. They served our coffee within reasonable time, after an hour we still had not received our breakfast however other diners who had ordered after us were receiving theirs. I asked a waiter what was going on he mumbled something and went away.

I finally went to the counter and asked for my money to be returned, my son was now late for work without any food. Very disappointing, certainly wont be rushing back. Not one person in the cafe apologised for their mess up.

Now I understand why people say the service in Cairns is slap dash. Very disappointing.

I would suggest you choose somewhere else for breakfast, there are so many good cafe's in Cairns.

• Visited April 2014