“Do the extreme!!!!” 4 of 5 stars

$55*
and up
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Raging Thunder has been taking thrill seekers White Water Rafting in North Queensland since 1984, and we offer 3 different levels of excitement .... 1) BARRON rafting is a afternoon trip perfect for those who have never rafted before, or want a fun afternoon close to Cairns .... 2) TULLY rafting is a full day adventure on the Tully River, regarded as the best rafting location across both Australia and New Zealand, no prior experience is necessary .... 3) XTREME rafting pumps up the adrenalin running a custom raft adventure for small groups of confident swimmers on the Tully River, rafting with our most experienced senior guides you will encounter extra challenges such as rock jumping, rapid swimming and raft surfing.
Adelaide, Australia
4 attraction reviews
“Do the extreme!!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014

I was a bit scared at the beginning so me and a friend booked for the normal rafting, but when we arrived in the office we were told that it was the same river so we decided to uprade to the extreme. That was DEFINITELY THE RIGHT DECISION, as the extreme was, in fact, very safe. So safe that my husband doesn't think it was that extreme. Some of the activities, however, were a bit too much for me, but that was not a problem as we had the option of staying on the boat.

Although we were picked up at 6:30 in the morning and arrived home at 6, we only spent 4 hours on the river, so it takes up the whole day. Still definitely worth doing!!!

The staff was great and helpful, lunch was good, and the river was amazing. Overall it was a very nice experience.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Cairns, Australia
“Exhilirating”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

I did the Xtreme rafting, and it was definitely extreme! My boat guide was Paul who did a very good job. Even when it was crazy in the rapids he made sure everyone was safe and calm. The experience was mental and filled with adrenaline. Not for the faint hearted! Would highly recommend

“Paul”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

It was an amazing experience. I would even say one of the best in my life and especially with our super boatguide PAUL!! Thanks for everything.

Rotterdam, Zuid-Holland, Netherlands
“Great experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

First I was a little bit scary. I did some rating in Costa Rica, and felt out of the boat.

This guys are really professionals!! They look out for you. When we started after 3 rapids I enjoyed every part of it! Turns out to a really great fun day. So scary cats go for it!

Brisbane, Australia
32 attraction reviews
“Go Xtreme”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

I’m not a great swimmer. So doing the Xtreme tour was maybe going to be a challenge for me. However, it didn’t quite work out that way. Because I had so much FUN and the rafting (in and out of the raft) was just awesome. So pay a little more and brace yourselves for an action filled few hours. Because of the smaller number of rafts, there is time for additional activities like jumping off large rocks into the river and sliding down some of the lesser rapids out of the boat.

Al, our ‘driver’ was great and kept us safe but providing plenty of opportunities to have thrills and spills. There are a couple of places on the river where Raging Thunder staff will take photos so be prepared for a bit of action (yes, these photos are expensive but all 6 of us from our boat bought them and it worked out at $25 each – so not too bad.)

One piece of advice: you may be inclined to do your best to stay in the raft as you go through the rapids. Just remember you are on the Xtreme tour and one of its intents is to get you out of the raft. So hang on - but just a little bit. The guys left in the boat will only be too happy to haul you back on board.

Thanks Raging Thunder for such a fun day.