“Nice location and pizza but service can be a let down.” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Late Night
Cairns
“Nice location and pizza but service can be a let down.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

My wife and I have been a regular at this restaurant for some years. We like the location on Cairns esplanade and like their pizzas. Last visit however the senior waitress after taking us to a table, totally forgot to come back and take either a drink or food order. She just wandered around without any real interest in who was in her section. She was a regular waitress and I believe quite senior as opposed to the normal backpackers that wait at this restaurant. After 20 minutes we just got up and left. It will be a while before we go back. Really annoyed.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

• Chinese (Traditional) first
“Late night start”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

Arrived late on the plane but found this good restaurant. Pizzas were excellent, the gnochi was very good. With friends who have travelled all over the world and they were extremely happy with meal and service

“Yum Yum!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

Pizza menu is not for the fussy eater but if you can find something you like you will not be disappointed. Carbonara was a big hit with the kids!

Visited July 2014
Cairns
“Amazing good & service. ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

Me and my partner visited La pizza Thursday night. It was slightly busier than I would have expected although we was seated very quickly. The service was amazing, we was served by Liz who was very friendly and chatty which makes a change to a few of the other places around. As a vegetarian I usually don't get my choice apart from the standard vegetarian or margarita. The waitress recommended the 'zucca' - it was by far the best pizza I've ever had! It's all outdoor seating so was lovely to enjoy the warm weather. We was very pleasantly surprised! Would defiantly go back!

Adelaide, Australia
“The Breakfast of a Lifetime.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

After eating somewhat ordinary meals for most of our weeks holiday in Cairns, the one thing my family wanted was a decent breakfast. We had heard of this restaurant and by the sounds and the looks of things it must've been pretty good.
The waitresses were possibly the nicest we'd had for the week, and she didn't even have to write our order down! She remembered everything off the top of her head! - Most impressive.
Anyway, after we ordered our drinks they showed up almost instantly! We ordered a fairly large order, and needless to say that showed up in no time at all, and it was possibly the best breakfast my family had ever experienced. One of the highlights being the most AMAZING muesli I had ever experienced! So thank you La Pizza! Your service and cuisine was splendid!
Coming from South Australia, being able to sit outside in the sunshine and the warmth with the view that you have was amazing. (I recommend that you put more pictures up of the location! It was fabulous!)

• Visited July 2014