“Excellent authentic gelato (on a stick!!!) Fabulous friendly service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Gelocchio

Gelocchio
9/93 The Esplanade (50 metres up Aplin street) | From Esplanade-Aplin corner, walk up Aplin, 50 metres on the left., Cairns, Queensland 4870, Australia
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 429 Restaurants in Cairns
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Late Night, Dessert
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Late Night, Dessert
Cairns, Queensland
“Excellent authentic gelato (on a stick!!!) Fabulous friendly service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2011

We've been there 3 times now. The first time we were treated like old friends.

The gelato is wonderful and as close to authentic as we could imagine.

All flavours we had have been great, I prefer the pistachio, my wife and child love the cream flavour (vanilla).

Can't recommend highly enough, 5 stars!!!

• Visited November 2011

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Brisbane
“The best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2011

I spent a lot of time sampling Cairns ice cream on my visit and of all I recommend Gelocchio.
Its is soooo smooth and cramy and not so sweet as some of the nearby others. They make a pretty good fist of the difficult liquorice flavour too!

Visited November 2011
Sydney
“If you could only have one more ice-cream - forever - this would be it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2011

We love ice-cream and I adore gelato, but so many are just watered down somewhat flavourless sameness. We left Cairns over a week ago, and whenever we feel like a treat my partner and I look at each other and say we want a Gelocchio. Sad we can't get it here.

Do yourself a favour and try one when you first get there. You'll find every opportunity to keep going back until you leave Cairns (if you are only visiting).

Tasted like nothing else on the market.

The cherry gelato (sorbet) I had tasted like cool crushed cherries and you could feel the fruit. Not ice flavour with cherry. My partner had the pistacchio gelato chocolate covered with pistacchio nuts on top. Just fantastic.

And to top it off - no cover to remove and it is on a stick while you stroll around the shops or shoreline.

Do yourself a favour - you won't regret it.

The gentleman who served us was enthusiastic and informative to the entire experience was great.

We don't normally take the time to recommend many places or products. They have to stand out ... and stand out this does.

• Visited November 2011
Port Vila, Vanuatu
“Fantastic icecream, fantastic service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2011

I am not a big icecream fan, but absolutely love this icecream. So many flavours to try, the staff always recommend great toppings and provide awesome service. Can taste the difference, will not eat icecream from any other icecream stores in Cairns!

• Visited September 2011
Tennessee
“Delightful find”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2011

We came across this shop one night while we were doing some shopping and I have to say that it was a very pleasant surprise. My husband had one of the custom gelato pops and I had one that was just the gelato (gianduja). The prices were very reasonable considering the surrounding ice cream shops and the pops were just delicious. The owner was there the night we stumbled upon this gem and he was welcoming and very helpful. We wanted to go back, but didn't get a chance as we discovered this too close to the end of our trip. My husband saw a popsicle place in Nashville today and he was hopeful it would be similar, but no luck as these aren't your everyday popsicles although they may look similar.

• Visited August 2011