“Great food/great place/great atmosphere” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Caffiend Cafe Art Music

Caffiend Cafe Art Music
Shop 5, 78 Grafton Street | (down the graffiti alley), Cairns, Queensland, Australia
+61 7 4051 5522
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #14 of 428 Restaurants in Cairns
Cuisines: Café
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch
Description: Hole-in-the wall cafe in one of Cairns's laneways, which offers great photo opportunities. Serves great coffee, breakfast and lunch. Open Tues to Sat, 730am till 3pm. Sunday brunch 8am till 2pm. Closed Mondays.
“Great food/great place/great atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

My nan and I decided to try caffiend for lunch. I googled gluten free places in cairns and this came up, I thought the atmosphere was great we were lucky to find a table with the lunch rush but even though the place was pumping with people we found a nice table for two. The service was great, the coffee and food was amazing fairly different to what I'm used to but loved every mouthful we also didn't have to wait very long for our coffee and meals. The staff were polite and friendly. We left feeling very full and satisfied .

Cairns
“Nice but not fantastic”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

Over the last couple of days I had a breakfast and lunch here. Breakfast was the Chilli eggs which was nicely done (perhaps a little on the expensive side for just 2 eggs) Latte tasted a burnt for my liking. Lunch I wanted to try the Pork Belly but it was unavailable so I went for the Terrine and was disappointed my mate tried a special dish and like it. Lunch is a VERY limited menu. Cola drink is nice, but its not coke (I'm a coke addict). The place has a very funky atmosphere and the waitress was very nice. This place closes at 3pm

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
NT
“This place alone could make me move to Cairns”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014 via mobile

Saw the art at the beginning of ally, being a coffee addict curiosity got the better of me.

Down the ally found awesome wall of art and quirky outdoor setting. Inside lovely open design and amazing smells.

My partner had chilli eggs with bacon and avocado.. omg the chilli chutney was beautiful poached eggs will never be the same. I had the scrambled eggs not sure what they do to them but they made what is normally a simple breakfast taste amazing.

Coffee was lovely.

And for the serious coffee addict they have T-shirts for sale via red bubble :)

Visited June 2014
Melbourne, Australia
“Delicious Brekky”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

Out of the three breakfast places we checked out in Cairns, this was definitely my fave. The calibre is up there with breakfast places in Melbourne. The only thing that didn't give it a 5 circle rating was the fact that when the waitress handed us our menus, she spouted off a bout 3 or 4 dishes that were unavailable, not sure why maybe it was lack of ingredients, but it was only about 11:00am at this point.
I settled with a fancier version of a BLT and got a side of their hand cut "chips". These ended up being more like wedges and were very thick cut. Not my favourite type of chips but the aioli was nice. My partner got one of their specials of the day and he cleaned his plate. Food came out fairly quick and there was no wait when we arrived. If you're looking for a nice breakfast joint in Cairns, you can't go wrong here.

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Germany
“Great great food, coffee ok”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

Great cute place hidden in the laneway. Felt like being in Melbourne! The food was fantastic (had the chilli eggs with extra bacon and avocado). It was very tasty!!! But the coffee was OK. Tasted burned and very strong. However I would definetely go back again.

• Visited April 2014