“Skydive Cairns- Awesome!” 5 of 5 stars

and up
Ranked #48 of 133 Activities in Cairns
Type: Game/ Entertainment Centers, Amusement
More attraction details
Owner description: The Great Barrier Reef, the lush tropical rainforest and the Cairns city skyline provide the most spectacular backdrop for this awesome Tandem Skydive option. Skydive Cairns (part of Skydive Australia) provide FREE return transfers from all Cairns accommodation and full training and instruction from their highly experienced professional team of tandem skydive instructors.
Darwin, Australia
“Skydive Cairns- Awesome!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

Just did a skydive for the first time with these guys, it was amazing!! Can't say enough about my instructor Damien- he made me feel comfortable, super safe, he was just awesome. Thanks guys for making it brilliant :-). Michelle and Wayne.

Visited May 2014

6 attraction reviews
“Hamish is the skydive master !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

Oh my god what a experience. You couldn't pick a better place to skydive. You have the reef, the mountains, the lakes, the sugar cane fields! Truly spectacular! Ha mush was my skydive instructor he rocked it. He made me feel so comfortable and relaxed and got some awesome pics! Living the dream!

Visited April 2014
Bath, United Kingdom
15 attraction reviews
“WOW!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

Cairns is such a great place to do a skydive! The view is just incredible of the city, ocean and mountains. You've got to get the right weather though.

My only bad comment was that I was sat in the office for a good 2 hours before getting on with it - as we had to wait for the plane to get back. Just a little annoying.

And the DVD isn't the best skydiving DVD I've seen, a bit short and quite a bit of the instructors arm is in the shot most of the time.

But I really recommend to give skydiving a go - even if you're really terrified!

Queensland
47 attraction reviews
“Exhilarating Experience, but they need to sort out the office procedures!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

This was a special "big" birthday present from my husband. My Instructor/Tandem specialist was Graham who was very knowledgeable and made me feel at ease. The jump itself was great and more than I expected. The office procedures, however, leave something to be desired. I first rang explaining I had an entertainment book voucher worth $60 and got to speak to someone (Kara)? in Byron Bay. She assured me that the voucher would be honoured, even with the (then) current 'special' of $290. She told me the jump would cost me $230 with the voucher, plus DVD/photos, then on special for $130. When I went to pay in Cairns, it cost $415 including credit card fees. The procedure in Cairns was also very disorganised. I was told I would be picked up at 8.30am. Got a text the night before saying it would be 7.00am due to weather. That I can understand, however, when we got to the office at Aeroglen, another bus had come in with another 8 people to do a jump. Luckily I was on the first flight; the others had to wait until the plane returned from Edmonton. I would have been VERY unhappy at having to wait around for the second flight. I understand that they have to weigh people, however, the "check-in" procedures took forever. Surely a lot of this has already been done online, or could be done online. That said, I nevertheless had a brilliant birthday experience and will remember it forever!

Visited April 2014
Reading, United Kingdom
7 attraction reviews
“An Awesome Experience!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

I can not recommend this highly enough, since my husband and I returned home we have talked about the sky diving more than anything else. As others have said - Wow! it is one of the most amazing experiences ever!! The instructors and staff at the centre are excellent, very professional but such a good laugh and make you feel at ease when your about to jump out of a plane!! We would both definitely do it again. I would recommend going for the full DVD and photos - hilarious to watch but a great way of capturing an awesome experience.

Visited March 2014