“What a rush! Incredible experience!” 5 of 5 stars

and up
Ranked #47 of 133 Activities in Cairns
Type: Game/ Entertainment Centers, Amusement
More attraction details
Owner description: The Great Barrier Reef, the lush tropical rainforest and the Cairns city skyline provide the most spectacular backdrop for this awesome Tandem Skydive option. Skydive Cairns (part of Skydive Australia) provide FREE return transfers from all Cairns accommodation and full training and instruction from their highly experienced professional team of tandem skydive instructors.
Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
3 attraction reviews
“What a rush! Incredible experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

This would have to be one of the most amazing things that I have ever done and I would without a doubt do it all over again! The staff were professional, friendly and made me feel very comfortable, safe and at ease.
The jump was absolutely exhilarating! Free falling for 60 seconds through the clouds at speeds of over 200km/hr was the biggest rush & like nothing else! My heart was pounding out of my chest and I was screaming my lungs out but loved every second of it! Finally when the parachute opens the mood changes immediately. It is so calm and peaceful floating back down to the ground and overlooking some breathtaking scenery.
The DVD and pictures were well worth the extra money. The filming started just after harnessing up on the tarmac with a little interview on how I was feeling and shows the whole skydiving process... From boarding the little plane with the other skydivers, flying up to 14,000ft, the beautiful views, the jump, free falling, floating, right through to the landing in the sugar cane fields. I was very impressed with how the DVD had been edited to some cool music and glad to have a memento to take home and show my family and friends.
The only advice I could offer is if you are wanting to land on the beach be sure to clarify this when you book as I believe there are several drop zones. Whether you are the thrill seeker type or just looking to get out of your comfort zone I would definitely recommend skydiving as a must do while in Cairns. An absolutely incredible experience!

Visited June 2013

Hobart, Australia
“Bloody awsome mate”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

Fantastic would definatly recomend this, I NEVER thought i would jump out of a plane!!! but the tranquility of doing it over water and reef was fantastic, the staff were great and made me feel really relaxed with it all, I loved it , and the weather was perfect ( a bit different to Tassi) smooth sailing all the way

Sydney
“AMAZING experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

Skydiving was on top of a to do list I and my friend had when visiting Cairns and Skydive the Reef Cairns did not disappoint me.

We got picked up straight from the hostel in the morning. After we had checked in we were told to be back in an hour as we were on the second flight. Furthermore they made sure to have our numbers in case any there would be any changes in departure time.

When we got back our small group of five people watched a safety instruction video to prepare us for the dive and then met our instructors. My instructor seemed very professional and made sure that I knew exactly what to do - including making me cross my arms and sit down and lift my legs. All this made me feel very safe and prepared for the dive.

The photographer also introduced himself to me before we got on the bus.

The skydive itself was incredible, amazing and breath taking! Both the instructor and the photographer made the experience even better by having me blow air kisses at the camera and sending thumbs up - which made for some amazing photos.
The photographer also flew around me so that I got pictures from every angle. Furthermore, he noticed that I was there with my friend and made sure that we got photos together both before and after the skydive as well as got some photos of her landing as he was in a good position to take those.

I will definitely recommend this company to anyone even though I, myself, would choose something like Mission Beach another time, as you then get to land on the beach rather than on a field. ANd I do want to go skydiving one more time in Australia before I leave!

It was worth every penny and I strongly recommend getting the dedicated photos as they are a nice memory to keep.

Melbourne, Australia
“Misleading jump location”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

I did my jump last week, and whilst the actual jump was incredible the company was very disappointing. They were trialing another skydive location an hour outside of Cairns on the day we jumped, but they didn't tell us that it wouldn't be over the reef and instead just drove us there. We couldn't see the reef at all, and it was a huge waste of time driving to the middle of farms to do the jump. Very very disappointing.

Visited April 2013
“DO IT, don't let your life be limited by fear! They are professional to the bone!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

I did my jump today, and it was amazing. I had been in here reading reviews, and I can only agree. I had my fears, as I am a bit scared of Heights, but my instructor was professional and
calm all the way. Top notch service, dvd ready within an hour etc. If you are afraid, that's why you should do it. I'm so happy I did it, remember:

In 20 years you will regret the things you didn't do more than the things you did.

Big recommendation from me, it was my first jump and I couldn't have picked a better place.