“Misleading jump location” 1 of 5 stars

and up
Ranked #47 of 133 Activities in Cairns
Type: Game/ Entertainment Centers, Amusement
More attraction details
Owner description: The Great Barrier Reef, the lush tropical rainforest and the Cairns city skyline provide the most spectacular backdrop for this awesome Tandem Skydive option. Skydive Cairns (part of Skydive Australia) provide FREE return transfers from all Cairns accommodation and full training and instruction from their highly experienced professional team of tandem skydive instructors.
Melbourne, Australia
“Misleading jump location”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

I did my jump last week, and whilst the actual jump was incredible the company was very disappointing. They were trialing another skydive location an hour outside of Cairns on the day we jumped, but they didn't tell us that it wouldn't be over the reef and instead just drove us there. We couldn't see the reef at all, and it was a huge waste of time driving to the middle of farms to do the jump. Very very disappointing.

Visited April 2013

“DO IT, don't let your life be limited by fear! They are professional to the bone!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

I did my jump today, and it was amazing. I had been in here reading reviews, and I can only agree. I had my fears, as I am a bit scared of Heights, but my instructor was professional and
calm all the way. Top notch service, dvd ready within an hour etc. If you are afraid, that's why you should do it. I'm so happy I did it, remember:

In 20 years you will regret the things you didn't do more than the things you did.

Big recommendation from me, it was my first jump and I couldn't have picked a better place.

Visited April 2013
Cairns, Queensland, Australia
“The most awe-inspiring life event”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

It was awesome... the people at the Skydive The Reef Cairns are wonderful and explain all.... it is something I would advise everyone to do... you can conquer anything if you can jump out of a plane; it is made easy with the people from Skydive the Reef Cairns!!

Visited January 2013
Perth, Australia
“Great Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

The staff were extremely friendly and helpful to those who were unsure of their decision to skydive. The video which they made was well worth the money, it's extremely well done! Definitely something to do before you die!

Visited March 2013
3 attraction reviews
“Experience of a lifetime!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013 via mobile

Skydive Cairns gave us the perfect experience as first time skydivers. The staff were very accommodating while the instructors enthusiastic and friendly. Our day went without any hiccups and we got upgraded to 14000 ft to honour an unexpected problem. Safe to say the jump itself was amazing. Thanks again for the unforgettable memories!