“Great food” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Cairns, Australia
“Great food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

I have been here a few times over the last year and the food is a really really good. I have tried a fair few of the dishes and they are all top notch. But the last time 8 of us dined there for a Sunday lunch we had a terrible experience with the waiter, I couldn't believe his behavior, he was quite rude and obvisously didn't want to be there. Other than that it was great. It has a great view looking out over the Marina.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

• Indonesian first
“I wanted to lick the plate!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013 via mobile

Went here two nights in a row after finding the place and the food and the staff to be great! The atmosphere and views are beautiful. Beer battered fish, chips and salad: melt in your mouth fish in two big pieces. Tenderloin steak, chips, salad and pepper sauce: the steak was a good inch thick and cooked to perfection, the pepper sauce was no mere gravy with an extra grind of pepper - it was creamy and tasted good on everything! Staff very attentive, polite and personable.

Visited September 2013
Cohuna, Australia
“Fantastic in every way”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

We were walking around everywhere looking for a meal. Stumbled across this place. Could not have asked for more. Service was amazing, food fantastic, views great. Very relaxing. Highly recommend m

Visited September 2013
“More than we expected!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

We were told about Waterbar & Grill Steakhouse from friends who said their ribs were to die for...they were not wrong!
When we arrived, we had an 8pm booking our table was not quite ready so were asked to wait at the bar. Within minutes we had our order for drinks taken while we waited. We were shown to our table about 5 mins later and our waitress was promptly there with water and checking if we needed any drinks. I had ordered a Waterbar martini so took a little longer to arrive but it was definitely worth the wait. We ordered entrees and couldn't pass up the opportunity to try these much talked about ribs. I ended up ordering a half rack and my partner a rib and chicken combo. My eyes nearly popped out of my head when my meal arrived....it was huge! Thank goodness it was only a half rack. I couldn't get through all my ribs and without asking was offered a doggy bag to take home with me. The atmosphere was amazing. The restaurant was busy with tables being filled as soon as they were cleared. All the waitstaff were super efficent with smiles on their faces and nothing was too hard for them. They were all so very relaxed even on a busy night which made us kick back and take in our surroundings. Located at the marina there was a beautiful sea breeze and the water wall feature behind the bar really sets the ambiance of the place.
Our dining experience here was outstanding and prices were quite reasonable considering the amazing food and service.
I would recommend Waterbar Grill and Steakhouse to anyone wanting a relaxed dining experience with great views, food and service!

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Top quality dining”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

The meat selection at this fine venue is matched only by the friendliness of the staff.

A fine choice for waterfront dining on any night of the week. The serve of half rack of ribs was enough to quell a decent hunger after a long day out.

The wine selection is also a winner.

• Visited September 2013