“Good location and high quality, delicious food” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Australian
Good for: Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Horsham, United Kingdom
“Good location and high quality, delicious food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

Good attentive service, and a wide ranging, generally Mediterranean focussed menu. It can get crowded, and there are many covers, so book and eat early. I had a very nice pumpkin soup, followed by excellent crab-based tortellini and rounded off with an affogato. All well presented.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Townsville, Australia
“E`cco Bistro”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

This is an excellent place for a special meal. the staff are very friendly and the food is outstanding

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Brisbane, Australia
“Diasappointed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

We went last night and were disappointed with the experience. We have often gone for special occassions (birthdays, anniversaries, etc) and always enjoyed the evening. This time around while the food remains terrific, the service and ambiance leave a lot to be desired. They have crowded too many tables into the place and it is now crowded and jumbled. Service used to match the food but now is suburban pub standard. I tipped and even this was not acknowledged by the rather disinterested staff.

• Visited November 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Lae, Papua New Guinea
“Food excellent not so sure about a fine dining experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012 via mobile

Went on a tuesday night so not a lot of people out and about, went with a group of friends so not worried about the ambience but I did wonder if it could have been better
Food was very good a bit expensive but we already knew it was going to be a hundred plus
Service was good but again like someone else wrote they don't do the napkins and given its supposed to be donne dining not sure about the total experience
over all I liked it but I am thinking I have been to other places for around the same price that gave me more of a fine dining experience - again food was very good as it should be for the price

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Darwin, Australia
“Awesome”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

Mixed feelings after dining in this well known Brisbane restaurant. We travelled far to taste the experience we have heard so much about and maybe had too higher of an expectation?
Firstly I could not fault the amazing food, it was absolutely fantastic and I think all who ate at our table had food envy at some stage. The ambiance was spot on and the view of the Story Bridge gave it a classy touch.
I am some times a bit dubiace about an open kitchen and sometimes it pays not to look too closely, that's all I will say on that point.
The staff in the kitchen were flat out as the venue was full to capacity, even with people eating up at the bar.
Although a venue such as his is flat out I believe the staff should not show their stress in what they do. We had one waiter who was like a bull in a glass cage, who was in a rush to get us seated, fed and have us on our way. I looked about at the other staff and they seemed to be in total control, chatting with customers and going with flow.

So other than being rushed I totally rate this great establishment and recommend you take the time to dine.

• Visited October 2012