“One restaurant two personalities” 3 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Eclectic
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Buffet, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Thyme2 Restaurant delivers a totally unique and inspiring dining experience, reflecting world-wide dining trends and the sophistication of the city and its cuisine. Sleek tandoori ovens, wood fired ovens and Asian wok stations feature in the extensive choice of dining alternatives for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Enjoy the theatre and movement of an open-plan interactive kitchen and delight in watching our chefs cooking live.
Martinborough, New Zealand
“One restaurant two personalities”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013 via mobile

We were in Brisbane on business and had only heard good things about Thyme Restaurant we headed there for breakfast on a Saturday morning .I myself am not a fan of buffets as I would rather have quality over quantity but as you would expect with a Sofitel restaurant they converted me.The quality of all ingredients used was top shelf the bacon and mushrooms and coffee were standouts for me .There is a chef on hand to make omelletes to order ,the other standout was the service the clearing of plates the welcome when we were seated nothing was to much trouble for the wait staff we had a great breakfast experience .As we were leaving we noticed that do a dinner buffet as well after a great breakfast we didn't hesitate to book for dinner even at $98 dollars each we were so impressed with Thyme
We returned 10 hours later in great anticipation of a lovely dinner we perused the buffet and were left a little deflated sure there was prawns, oysters, bugs, crab and they were all of a very high quality but really apart from the seafood there was a Thai curry ,two roast meats pork which was a little tough and some very nice roast beef a whole barramundi but was replaced with sea perch and an Indian curry and salads and roast veggies .My wife put together a tasting plate of the deserts but nothing really jumped out us .I am in know way criticizing the quality of the food more the lack of variety the Thyme restaurant bills itself as interactive the only interaction I could see was a chef cutting you slices of roast meat .If we hadn't been underwhelmed by the evening already we had to sit thru the worst service ever it started well,drink orders taken drinks arrived promptly but then our waiter went missing in our area for about half an hour I am not sure if the were under staffed on the night as there was three men in suits also clearing and preparing tables .At one point my wife and I had two plates each stacked up as well as a bowl each of seafood shells waiting two be cleared but the wait staff proceeded to clear the table beside us even though those people had left the restaurant .All I can say the service was a joke compared to what we experienced in the morning when we were paying our bill we were served by someone who looked to be in a management position he didn t ask us how our dinner was, as I was ready to tell him .That poor dinner experience soured our weekend in Brisbane, would recommend the breakfast service but don't waste your money there for dinner there a great steak place just down the road

SofitelBrisbane249, General Manager at Thyme, Sofitel, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
We very much appreciate your feedback regarding your stay at the Sofitel Brisbane Central. It is always a pleasure to receive feedback, both good and bad. Whilst I was delighted to read your comments regarding your breakfast experience, I was disappointed to read of the issues you experienced at dinner and have addressed these with our Executive Chef and also our Food & Beverage Manager.

I will share your feedback with our team. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Maroochydore, Australia
“Well worth it.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

Had breakfast here and it was just great. There was such a diversity of fabulously fresh foods from all sorts of International backgrounds... take your time and enjoy. Very attentive staff, coffee of your choice served first. Don't hesitate to get customised egg dishes at the omelet station. and don't miss the Almond Frionds...

I watched the efficiency of the staff morph the restaurant through Breakfast Lunch & Dinner... very streamline, very very good food - Buffet, but if you do want something special - just ask.

Visited January 2013
SofitelBrisbane249, General Manager at Thyme, Sofitel, responded to this review, January 13, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback following your recent breakfast experience in Thyme Restaurant at Sofitel Brisbane Central. It is always a pleasure to receive such positive feedback.

Brisbane, Australia
“Fesh Food Buffet”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

Array of fresh food was great – the buffet had a good range of sushi, fresh seafood and salads that were replaced as we dined. There were also a couple of curries, soup and roasts for those who wanted something other than seafood. Dessert selection was good and, being close to Christmas, offered a range of Christmas-themed items (as well as other styles). Table service was good with used dishes cleared away quickly. Wines were very expensive and we found that at times the drinks service was a bit slow. Some our group missed dessert as, without notice, the dessert bar closed and the restaurant staff started cleaning up around us.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
SofitelBrisbane249, General Manager at Thyme, Sofitel, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
We very much appreciate your feedback regarding your recent dining experience in Thyme Restaurant at the Sofitel Brisbane Central. It is always a pleasure to receive feedback, both good and bad.

Yours Sincerely,

Brisbane, Australia
“Not happy”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

My friends and I dine out on numerous occasions but it was decided that it was nearly Christmas we would treat ourselves to the Thyme restaurant last Friday. To start with, although one of my friends has trouble walking (and has to walk with a crutch) we were placed at a table that was about as far away as we could be seated from the food. The seafood was alright, the salads the same but unfortunately when it came to the hot food, it was lukewarm and the vegetables were not cooked. I mentioned to the waitress the fact that the food was lukewarm and the head waiter (I presume that is who he was) came up to me and queried with me my comments. He was very supercilious in his attitude and his excuses were very lame. Telling me that the vegetables were al dente. In fact they were so raw we could not cut them with a knife and then proceeded to insult us by offering us a coffee with our desert. What a shame that the coffee was included with the exorbitant cost of the meal, ie $99 a head. I have dined all over the world and have just recently returned from an overseas trip and this gentleman could take a lesson on how to treat customers and to try not to be so condescending to a group of women, who were trying to have a good time. Sofitel you need to raise the bar, and send the gentleman concerned on a training course to learn how to speak to disgruntled customers. Also I might add, the majority of us had upset stomachs from the lukewarm food.!!!

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent dining experience at the Sofitel Brisbane Central. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations, particularly in relation to the service you received; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At Sofitel, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

Sofitel Brisbane Central
“Excellent buffet -multi-national cuisine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Possibly the best buffet offering I have ever come across and always look forward to the fresh oysters, very creative cuisine and fantastic desert. Great beverage selection too.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback following your recent dining experience in Thyme Restaurant at Sofitel Brisbane Central. It is always a pleasure to receive such positive feedback and I was pleased to learn that you enjoyed our innovative cuisine, especially the wonderful dessert selection we have on offer!