“Dinner” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
“Dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

A wonderful dinner. Crepes Susette were the highlight; worth coming for those alone. Also recommend the Black Angus tenderloin and Scallop entree.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Rudy C, Manager at The Walnut Restaurant, Royal on the Park, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for joining us at the Walnut Restaurant & Lounge Bar recently. Our Crepes Suzette has made its long-awaited comeback by popular demand and we are thrilled that you enjoyed our Signature Dish.

We hope you will return soon and do remember to sign up for our complimentary Royal Rewards Card on our website to enjoy members-only benefits to the Royal on the Park Hotel.

Brisbane, QLD
“Good to be back - will return soon!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

Not having been back to the Walnut for 2-3 years, I had made a booking a month ago that I had totally forgotten about. The lady who rang to remind me took my apology very well, and I was determined to visit soon. Yesterday I took my parents there for lunch. In the past we used to go for the buffet, which they don't have anymore. My mum ordered the Blue-eye cod, and dad and I shared the seafood tower for two. Mum found the fish nicely cooked, but the cheese a bit strong - but hey, anything stronger than cheddar she thinks it's strong, so that wasn't the fault of the dish. The seafood tower had a generous serving of fresh and plump Coffin Bay oysters, Mooloolaba prawns, mussels, lightly battered tender calamari, perfectly cooked Barramundi, and 2 grilled Moreton Bay bug halves (2-3 more would have been even better because they were tasty). It also came with a good helping of tartare and seafood sauces, and more than enough fries and a garden salad. The service by the Maitre D' was exceptional. I will definitely be coming back!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Rudy C, Manager at The Walnut Restaurant, Royal on the Park, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Dear Guest,

Your kind words have put a big smile on our team's faces! We are so glad you enjoyed our selection of seafood. Our kitchen brigade led by Executive Chef, Rhian Rodrigues, are strongly encouraged to experiment and their creations are often offered as our Daily Specials.

We have received such positive feedback about our Blue Eye Cod that it has made a big splash into our new Spring menu accompanied by Cloudy Bay clam chowder, celery and fennel salad with lobster oil. We eagerly anticipate your next visit to the Walnut Restaurant very soon!
“The best out of Melbourne”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

I chose this place from the reviews on trip advisor and we were not dissappointed
All our meals were fantastic in flavour and presentation. My eye fillet was almost Wagyu in tenderness and cooked rare just like I ordered:) Jenny's Gurnard was amazing as was the quail and spatchcock.
My side of potatoes gratin got lost and even the chef came out to apologise I passed on these and received a complimentary desert that did not fail to impress.
The service was very efficient and pleasant and we recived membership to the Royal Rewards program giving us 25% off the account.
The Walnut is up the top in Brisbane dining and gives Melbourne a bit of a nudge.
We will return and will always recommend.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your gracious forgiveness of our oversight during your recent visit to the Walnut Restaurant. Our Sous Chef, Frederick Marechal, has just launched his new Spring season a la carte menu which features a 220g Black Angus Tenderloin Bourguigonne with walnut mash potao and beef bouillon and has already won over our diners in just two days!

We hope you will be able to return to Brisbane soon and let us warmly welcome you back to the Royal on the Park Hotel!
“Beautiful breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

I dined here for breakfast with the family as we stayed the night at the hotel before driving back to Sydney.
Has to be one of the best breakfast buffets ive had in brisbane, fresh fruits, crispy sweet pastries and a great selection of hot foods.
My daughter has some dietary requirements, and the staff (very friendly also!) were all but too happy to help providing alternatives.

We'll make sure to dine here again when we're next in Brisbane.

Visited July 2013
Dear Guest,

It makes us proud that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us at the Royal on the Park Hotel recently. We are equally thrilled that our breakfast buffet meets with your approval. We are continuously striving to improve our product and hope that on your next visit to the Walnut Restaurant, we will be able to tempt you with our brand new a la carte menu for lunch or dinner.

Our Royal Rewards Card programme is free to join so do take advantage of the many great deals on offer when you are next in Brisbane.
Brisbane, Australia
“Delicious food and divine atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

My mother and I visited this restaurant while she was staying in the hotel. We were just planning to come down for a quiet dinner, however it became quickly apparent that nothing was too much trouble, and that the Walnut was the ideal environment for creating a beautiful evening and experience. Our host, Allen, made us feel very welcome, matching wines for individual courses and even laughing at my jokes. I highly recommend the cinnamon-smoked quail, and the spatchock was full of depth and flavour. I can't remember the last time a restaurant was equally as welcoming as it is was replete with successful creativity in the menu.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Rudy C, Manager at The Walnut Restaurant, Royal on the Park, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Dear Guest,

The interaction between the guest and host is what can make a dining experience Excellent. Allen is so thrilled to have been a part of the joy and laughter emanating from your table. We are so grateful that our food and service met with your approval.

The Walnut Restaurant is going to be launching its new Spring Menu very soon and we are bringing back the classic Crepes Suzette, served tableside. Be sure to sign up for our complimentary Royal Rewards Card on our website before your next visit and we will endeavour to have Allen host you again!