“three visits now and all good” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Richmond, United Kingdom
“three visits now and all good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

consistently inventive, high quality spanish-inspired cuisine with attentive service. i spent 6 weeks travelling in Spain and was disappointed when there to find most food now where near as good as this.

Visited February 2013

Maryborough, Australia
“Valentines Dinner”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

Was disappointed with this overpriced dinner. Firstly, we where not told when we booked that it was a set menu for Valentines Night. We enjoyed the scallops and chicken croquettes The moreton bay bug was overcooked and only had a very meagre amount of flesh. The wagu was tough. So overall . We had multiple wait staff who where just going through the motions. We did however love the wonderful atmosphere in the courtyard and the sharing plate concept. We wouldn't not be hurrying back

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Sydney, Australia
“Almost...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

That's the one word I'd use to sum up this restaurant. Almost.

Everything was always almost perfect but just never quite there...

I ordered some prawn entree and sampled their baby lamb chops and moreton bay bugs. Let's start with entree. The flavours, freshness and the dish overall was fantastic. Like another reviewer mentioned, yes, the serving was very small and if you were tight with money you probably would get better value ordering another main instead.

The lamb chop, again, lovely aromatic flavours. The lamb was very tender BUT it was too rare. I liked what they were doing and enjoyed the spanish influences but because the lamb was too bloody for my liking it spoilt the otherwise almost perfect dish.

The moreton bay bugs, yum. Fresh and very well prepared. It was simply divine UNTIL I realised my plate was flooded with corn. The corn absolutely ruined the dish. I tried to eat around it but could not. Maybe some people like corn and bugs but not I. For me it just ruined the again almost perfect dish.

Being left wanting again and again, I had to order a desert. On recommendation from my excellent servicestaff (no issues with him, very professional and you can tell Moda takes pride in these guys), I tried the churros. Boy were they lovely. Golden, crispy and not loaded with sugar. The chocolate sauce was balanced just right BUT the portion was tiny for the price.

All in all it's not a cheap night out dining at this place and given nothing ended up perfect at this restaurant I gave a tip that wasn't quite yet perfect either.

Will consider dining at this place again but for now I'm too scared to get hurt again...

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
brisbane
“Food that makes you go mmmm”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

Went here with my mother for a nice little lunch, we both found the food delicious, interesting and excellent flavours throughout the entree's and our mains which were of ample proportions. It is a bit on the pricey side but bare in mind this is a fine dining restaurant where you won't have slack jawed teenagers incompetently taking your order and not being able to answer your questions about the food. Good atmosphere, however can get hot on a warm day as it is all open with a few fans. The drinks are good, they will make you anything you order even if not on the menu. The lamb was slightly over salted but could still enjoy it. Beautiful plating and quick service, would recommend to anyone that loves their food. Well worth the extra cash.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Are we in Barcelona?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013 via mobile

Fabulous food, explained beautifully by the waitstaff, amazing service nothing was too difficult. Such modest cuisine, minimal pomp but just enough to make it a special night out. My recommendation is to request the food from the chef rather than ordering from the menu, a delight and a surprise at every course! Cannot recommend enough! If this restaurant was in Melbourne, Movida may have a rival!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere