“Delicious and Unique” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
“Delicious and Unique”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

Moda was a very enjoyable experience for my fiance and I, as you can see by my rating. We went there for his birthday just as a couple. The service was very friendly and knowledgable and quick to serve.

The food was a little pricey, but it was a special occasion and I wanted to take my man some place nice. The food, we soon found out, was well worth the money. I have eaten at several restaurants that offer similar priced food and none of it is as delicious or unique as the food that we got at Moda, and the portions were very reasonable.

There is also a very extensive selection of wines and liquors that range from average to very expensive and come from several different countries. Some were only available by the bottle, especially the very expensive wines. I got a red from Spain which was the most expensive by glass ($15) and it was the smoothest red wine I've ever had, just glorious. I then had a glass of the most expensive dessert wine ($14) which was also from Spain and was just as good.

It is an El Fresco restaurant so bring a light jacket even if it's warm, we got a little bit of a cool breeze coming in and started to get a bit cool.

Overall, we thoroughly enjoyed our dining experience at Moda and definitely recommend it to anyone who asks.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Seattle, Washington
“Can't say too many good things”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

All I can do is add to the many complimentary comments here. I had a perfect steak—I mean perfect—and the truffle mash was a perfect complement to the steak. We enjoyed some olives, some bread. I had a side salad and my husband had the deep fried Brussel sprouts with his double baked cheese soufflé with pear and walnuts. He also had the zucchini flowers with goat cheese. We ordered too much food but it was all delicious and the wait staff was so great. They had a bit of time and brought out a couple of wines for me to taste so I could better decide what I wanted with my meal. They were lovely. Very attentive without being pretentious, the atmosphere was relaxing and warm. Prices seemed reasonable.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Dunedin, New Zealand
“Amazing experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

I booked online through their website.  When I went I was made to feel very welcome, it was one of the best 'alone' dining experiences I have ever had. The actual setting is awesom...you are essentially outside but undercover and I noticed ample heaters on the awnings for cooler evenings.  I went for the set option where you get a range of signature dishes.  This was one of the best dining experiences I have ever had.  The staff were professional and there but not in an intrusive way.  The food spoke for itself and I was annoyed I did not have someone else with me and was restricted to wines by the glass as the wine list is really good.

I do not want to ruin anyone else's experience by providing too much description. But I will mention what I got for my $78 experience.  I thought that the fact they did this option for one was great and overall my account was about $150 which included 5 glasses of wine and a tea so was, in my opinion, excellent value for money. So, my entree was a zucchini flower stuffed with goats cheese, a chicken croquette, a scallop , chorizo sausage and the quail.  All excellent but my picks would be the zucchini, scallop and quail.  For my mains I got the suckling pig and the barramundi.  The mains were both divine and I would rank them both equally. They were very rich but getting to try two mains is a great thing!  Suffice to say they were not finished!  For dessert I got an platter that included a Spanish style brûlée, Spanish style creme caramel (served with the most heavenly strawberries ever), chocolate mousse, vanilla bean ice cream and a panda cotta with pineapple granita.  Again, too hard to pick standouts, each was different and beautiful in terms of presentation and flavour.

overall, it was by far the best 'unaccompanied' dining experience I have ever had.  I will most definitely return and I am already looking forward to it!

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Brisbane, Australia
“very welcoming”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

I attended a function at Moda recently, an anniversary dinner for D'arenburg wines. The wines were lovely, the food very good, and the service very friendly and efficient. A great evening, and very good value for the quality and for a lovely night out.
My previous meal at Moda included the best fish I have had in Brisbane.
Moda also have provided catering platters which have been reasonably priced and very good quality.

• Visited June 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Overall Great Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012 via mobile

It is hard to find a great overall dining experience but I think this restaurant rates well! Good food, good wine, great service and a reasonable price tag all add up to make this a bit of a find. Francois called me by name personally more than once through the evening. Impressive with a restaurant full of people on a Friday night:-) maybe that is the difference between the Australians and the French. The French know the professional art of service!