“banana smoothie=try frozen milk water, the worst!” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #1,883 of 3,101 Restaurants in Brisbane
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
brisbane
“banana smoothie=try frozen milk water, the worst!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

Ok so we only ate here as we hadn't made a reservation anywhere else on a Friday night, foolish! Ordered some banana smoothies first up, zero flavour, it tasted like the ice shavings from the inside of your freezer, sent them back straight away, guess no one bothered to taste them. The coffee is actually really good, delicious mocha! The food was pretty average, good oysters kilpatrick, same as any pub would do. However the waitress neglected to bring all the food out as she had gotten the order wrong, easily done but then it took about 20 mins for us to get the rest of the food. The steak was tasty but i ordered medium rare, it was medium at best. Really had wished we'd gone to the jetty or even 152, such a waste as the whole street is teeming with deliciousness!

• Visited November 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Brisbane
“Great thickshakes”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012 via mobile

My wife & I go there often for coffee and thickshakes.Have never eaten there so cannot comment on the food. Coffee is no better than elsewhere however the make Brisbane's best thickshakes. Will continue to go for thickshakes

“Could be better”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Went to this restaurant with a large group for my mother birthday. Food is average and a little over priced for the quality. Bit like a pub meal. I went to the bar to get myself a drink. Found that the manager/owner was serving and a bit grumpy and rood. He requested that I wait at my table to be served by the 'one' attendant to get my drink. I kindly stated that I want the drink now and I wish to pay for it, as I have already waited some time, considering that the 'one' waiter was busy serving about 30 people. Manager/owner did not display flexibility or a welcoming personality. Others at my table also experienced poor service from this individual. I do not recommend this restaurant.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Brisbane, Australia
“Advertising specials it doesn't have”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

Specials board had some nice looking meals - sold out?!
Some breakfast options were lovely - the more expensive ones definitely more so.. but then in that price range you can have anything you like at any of the many restaurants in Oxford St.

We used to go here a lot but I get the feeling they are being a little false in their presentation as a cheaper while still nice restaurant. They clearly want to be an upmarket establishment and priced accordingly.. which is totally fine..but don't lure me in with a specials board.

Great for dinner if you book and get something off the normal dinner menu - still really good pricing for oxford st.. but the food is not amazing and not what expected.

We heard other customers complaining about their food while we were there and I wouldn't really agree that it is THAT BAD but more a general feeling of it's not THAT GOOD either.

I see urban spoon and this site tend to agree with me!

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
australia
“try somewhere else”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

there are a lot of eating establishemnts in the area.. try any of them it will be better than citrus.... we used to go there a lot but havnt been for a while and it was horible.. zilch service.. overpriced sub standard packet food and just not a good breakfast experience.... the big breakfast was about $20 and had 4 slices of toast on it but not buttered.. raw toast just sitting there taking up most of the plate and it went downhill from there.. dont bother

• Visited September 2012