“Good on all counts, feels "comfortable"” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Brisbane, Australia
“Good on all counts, feels "comfortable"”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

I confess I am an infrequent frequenter of this restaurant having dined here once or twice a year for a number of years now...(well over a decade)! The fact that I've never had a bad experience dining here probably accounts for my loyalty. It really is a nice family-friendly place to dine, where everyone can enjoy a reasonable meal at a reasonable price. It's welcoming and unpretentious and the range of icecreams and gelatos ensures that when desert time comes, no one is disappointed. There is ample free parking in the vicinity. Service is always good. How efficiently the staff rectify a problem is as much a measure of good service as the extent to which the order is delivered in an accurately and timely manner. On our most recent visit, my son was served up a pizza with a burnt base. The minute we pointed this out, the pizza was whipped away and a replacement pizza produced without fuss or delay.
I think our longstanding relationship with Avanti will continue.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Brisbane
“Great Food and Great Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

We went here for my Birthday dinner and I loved everything about it. The menu, the food, the alfresco dining, the outdoor heaters, the service and the prices! Avantis has one of the most extensive Menus I have seen. There is something there for everyone. Its nice to have a menu where you can choose something different for a change or just have something familiar . The servings are large. They are a licensed restaurant. There is a bar there and they also have some specialty beers to choose from. It is also a BYO restaurant and I think its about $3 per head corkage. The ambience of the place was buzzing and very comfortable.
Four of us were there for about 3 hours. We had pre meal drinks, wine (byo) entres, mains, dessert, port n coffee and the bill was still under $50 each!
There are two levels of seating, there is a carpark and the toilets are downstairs. The prices are both reasonable and affordable and I cant recommend them enough.
PS: The new owners are hands on and are lovely! Thanks for a great night out to all the staff and to the new owners of Avanti :-)

Visited July 2013
Queensland, Australia
“Best Italian food and Best service ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

To celebrate the end of another school term our family went out to Avanti. The place was very busy and upstairs was a huge party. The atmosphere was great. Music playing and everyone had a smile on their faces. We ordered the calamari and garlic bread pizza as starters. My son, who loves Calamari, said it was the best he had ever tasted. Our servers were very attentive and always made sure our water glasses were topped up. My daughter, who is very discerning when it comes to food absolutely loved her grilled octopus warm salad. I ordered Cioppino. It was served at a perfect temperature and was chocked full of fresh seafood. The broth was a lovely tomato base with the perfect amount of chili to give it a nice tasty flavour. My husband ordered the lamb shanks and commented on what a generous serve it was. He thoroughly enjoyed his lamb so much he refused to let me even sample it!
The wine list complemented the extensive menu. We had a lovely Cab Merlot.
We shared two desserts; the Creme Brulee and the Chocolate cake..Both were very generous and very delicious. My daughter is already asking when we can go back to Avanti for the Octopus and the Creme Brulee!
The prices are very reasonable. Avanti is our family's new favourite restaurant in Brisbane.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Brisbane, Australia
“Worth a visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

Busy big restaurant which is definitely worth a visit. Menu is extensive with something to please everyone. Staff are friendly and nothing was too much trouble. Drinks list is adequate for this type of restaurant. Apart from the difficulty of too much to choose from, everyone's meals were tasty. Pasta dishes are big. Pizza base was one of the best I've had (so was the topping). Ice cream bar is a winner with the kids.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Toowoomba, Australia
“We Love Avanti”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

We love Avanti. The emphasis is on service and good Italian food. Reminds us of Italian restaurants in Innisfail in the 70's. The new owners are very welcoming and friendly. It is hard taking over from the previous owners who were iconic for many years. The pistachio biscotti is good. Some of our family live at The Gap. We often call in on the way home to Toowoomba for a good Italian meal. The blackened barramundi, yum, yum. If you are looking for frills and decorations you will be disappointed. Avanti is typical of a family Restaurant in country Italy.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere