“Not as special as I thought it would be” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Augustines on George

Augustines on George
Corner Margaret & George Streets | 40 George Street, Brisbane, QLD, Brisbane, Queensland 4000, Australia
+61 7 3229 0014
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #337 of 2,980 restaurants in Brisbane
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Award Winning Fine Dining Cuisine Augustine's on George has been well regarded as one of Queensland's favourite fine dining restaurants for the past 26 years.Situated in the magnificent 1889 circa Mansions building, the combination of a-la-carte fine dining, superb wine list and sheer splendour of the surroundings makes any experience at Augustine's on George a truly memorable occasion. Exceptional service is provided for all events, whether it be fine dining for couples or small groups for birthdays and anniversaries. Augustine's on George is also ideal for private corporate dining as well as romantic weddings.Private rooms are available seating 18-100 people for corporate and private functions with complimentary room hire.
Brisbane, Australia
“Not as special as I thought it would be”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2012

A group of us went here to celebrate a friend's engagement. It took easily over an hour for our meals to arrive which was disappointing. The meals weren't spectacular. On the plus side, it does have a private dining room which I think my employer has used.

73% Recommend
“Incredible! A+++++”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2011

I visited this restaurant after a collegue passed on good reviews. I wasn't disappointed. It was busy (how I judge a good restaurant) but not noisy, making it the perfect environment to enjoy dinner and actually hear what my partner was saying. The food was delicious and presented beautifully. The wine too was great and served in good quality glasses (I almost think presentation is just as important as what I am consuming!) I'm not a wine connoisseur so luckily the waiter had excellent knowledge of the list and even gave me a bit of a lesson - nice touch! All in all I thoroughly enjoyed my night. I will definitely be dining there again. Soon!

• Visited October 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
San Diego, California, USA
“Food was outstanding; service was barely acceptable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2011

We split an appetizer and a salad and each had an entree. The food was delicious. Our waiter seemed to do the minimum and no more. He asked if we were celebrating a special occasion and even though we told him that it was my birthday, nothing more happened--so I can't say that they acknowledge special occasions much. We did enjoy being in an historic home and the ambience was very nice.

• Visited August 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Brisbane, Australia
“Romantic night to remember”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2011

My wife and I recently visited this restaurant on a Saturday night. It was quite busy but plenty of wait staff were on duty.

The retaurant is located in a lovely restored heritage building. A very romantic setting.

Our food on the night was perfect. Only minor complaint was that the meals were a little slow coming out.

Excellent and reasonably priced wine list. The food pricing is quite expensive but is similar to other restaurants of this quality.

You won't be disappounted if you come here.

• Visited May 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Brisbane
“possibly one of the worst meals i've ever had in brisbane”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2010

i have only been to this restaurant once and would never go back.
i found it over priced, service that was inadequate (eg. didn't know different types of coffee, didn't know the menu, inattentive, took the order incorrectly so we all received the wrong desserts), decor was old and shabby (eg. carpet is wearing thin, lighting was bad), food was inconsistent (entree was good, main was average, dessert was average) and overall the experience was not enjoyable.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere