“Not great but not that bad” 3 of 5 stars
Review of The Ridge on Leichhardt

You added The Ridge on Leichhardt to your Saves list
The Ridge on Leichhardt
3.0 of 5 Condominium   |   189 Leichhardt Street | Spring Hill, Brisbane, Queensland 4000, Australia   |
Ranked #95 of 110 Specialty Lodging in Brisbane
“Not great but not that bad”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2011 via mobile

Ok so this is not the best place to stay but it's really not that bad if your just looking for a cheaper place to stay. I stayed here for a week, I didn't get a sleep in in that whole week as it is a very noisy part of the city. I don't mind getting up early so this didn't bother me to much. There was nothing really wrong with the room, the bathroom had a little bit of mould but I could see that the room has been painted do there looks to be upgrades being done. Location is great, not far from the city so if ur going for a shop it's a good location. Overall it really wasn't that bad!

• Stayed November 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Cairns, Queensland, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2011

I stayed in this "hotel" in November 2011, for only 4 nights, and I was pretty disappointed to be honest. The room was quite large but the furniture, bed and carpet was old and damaged. There was a big rip in the lounge fabric and the blinds were lopsided and fraying. The floor near the kitchenette was sticky. The bathroom was the worst part, with mould and water damage to the roof above the shower. I seriously felt like I needed to give it a massive clean. I was too embarrassed to have my family come and visit me while I stayed in this room :( I got a deal from WOTIF for my stay, so I kept telling myself "it was a cheap, it was cheap" but I would have NEVER paid the normal rate (and would never stay there again).

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
perth
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2011

Room was big for 2 people which is good. Only thing that bothered us was the bathroom didnt have a lock and there was a hole in the door where the lock was suppose to be. Besides that everything was OK

Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2011 via mobile

When we arrived on a Saturday there was no reception, they wouldn't let us in until we said our credit card number over the intercom. Once we got in, the staff were rude and the room wasn't made up from the last people dirty sheets and towels. And there are no kitchen facilities only a kettle and plug in hot plate. We left straight away - didn't even get the bags out of the car... They still charged our credit card... Prob the only way this place survives

• Stayed May 2011
Surfers Paradise, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2010

We stayed here for one night when we attended the Bon Jovi concert and didn't want to drink and drive all the way back to the Gold Coast.
It said on our book confirmation free parking however when we got there, there were only two parks that were being used so we had to park in a visitors park that said they would tow away after 4 hours. I has hesitant to leave the car there but rang reception and they said it would be okay. (The car was still there in the morning luckily) but we were in a hurry to get to the concert so it just added to the stress.
The room was very old and run down, the fridge did not fit in the cupboard and when we opened the cupboard door it fell off. Bathroom was dirty and in need of a huge overhaul.
Got back from the concert and rang the number listed to order some room service, we were greeted by an answer machine that said they would ring us back............they never rang back!
Were woken by bins of glass being heaved into the dump truck and sun streaming in through the curtains that were broken on the ends!
Sad to pay $120 for this room when we stayed in beautiful Fiji for $85 per night including breakfast!!!!!!!
Don't stay here unless you absolutely have to.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Mooloolaba, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2010

We stayed one night and believe me this was one night too long. The building is very old, which can be charming however not in this case. Totally unmaintained, dirty and big waste of money considering the other options around town.

The bathroom moldy, shower dirty and ceiling flaking, even the toilet roll hadn't been replaced!

First time we have ever considered leaving a hotel and finding somewhere else (and losing our money)

Good Points

Kitchen fairly modern
Central location in Brisbane

Bad Points

very limited parking
walls in room black dirty marks
outside view of what appeared to be underwear on a roof + cigi butts and other rubbish.
Constant rubble sound through the evening
elevators out of service (apparently quite often)
bed covers torn and stained
bathroom dirty
moldy smell in room

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Marananga, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2010

Ok guys. Here it is. Yes its close to town and sometimes cheap to stay at, BUT, this is my 5th time staying here and last. Yes i lasted 5 times and was dumb enough to book again, but this time racks it up. I am in room 72(7th floor) and this is the dirtiest, oldest, not looked after apartment i've been in. I am here for 6 days and have obviously copped the worst. The floor is multi-coloured, the tv is a shocker, (old 48cm job) the shower is cold, the doona/bed cover is disgusting. Me not being the richest human in the world, prepaid and cant afford to walk out and stay elsewhere. The carpet is nothing short of feral. Thed chair is broken, the view is great, the fridge works. See i can be positive. All in all this place is outdated, old, not refurbished like i was told and yes once again i am disappointed. 6 nights and 650 bananas means next time, somewhere else. Yes guys stay somewhere else and do look t the reviews. They are spot on. Hmmmm, me for coming back. :o(

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business

Been to The Ridge on Leichhardt? Share your experiences!