“Excellent Hotel, with a little room for improvement.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Emporium Hotel

You added Emporium Hotel to your Saves list
Emporium Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1000 Ann St | Fortitude Valley, Brisbane, Queensland 4006, Australia   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #6 of 165 Hotels in Brisbane
Brisbane, Australia
“Excellent Hotel, with a little room for improvement.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

My husband and I thought we might indulge a little and spent a night here. We booked an "enchanted evening" package and overall is was good, but not as luxurious as one might expect.

The concierge and reception staff were very attentive, polite and professional the front entrance is amazing, however when we got out of the lift and approached our room the door was ajar and the cleaner/turn down staff were in our room - so we waited in the hall way! While they were polite and apologetic this was not the ideal start to an "enchanted evening".

Anyway, the room was very nice, the decor is good the bathroom is huge but the so called spa...not so good! It is only a bath for one with jets in the bottom and wow is it noisy! The surrounding amenities are good but seri sly book in for dinner! We didn't and could not get a table at the surrounding restaurants. When we returned the turn down service from the "enchanted evening" which included candles, rose petals and music was done, it was all lovely but the music it was terrible. The bed is amazing, the breakfast which was included was fantastic and when our car was returned to s the bottles of water was a very thoughtful touch. Overall good but not great, I would go again only when I could get a deal on the price.

Room Tip: Order breakfast it is amazing! Book a able for dinner as soon as possible, or talk to the concierge...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
  • Indonesian first
Brisbane
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

I treated my hubby to a night at the Emporium Hotel. I choose it for its great location and the heated rooftop pool. We stayed in the queen room which was small but perfect for a one night stay. We were walking distance from a great variety of cafes, restaurants and funky bars. The pool was so nice and it was great to have a swim in winter since it is heated. The staff are really friendly and gave us great advice on the best places to go. A special mention goes to Julian from concierge/ front desk for all his advice and warm welcome. I would probably upgrade to a bigger room if we stayed longer than a night but other than that it was great to have a night away at such a fantastic place.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

We stayed here for my partners birthday and it was such an amazing experience. We stayed in the kingspa room plus had extras like a romantic turndown, chocolate covered strawberries and breakfast sent up to our room. The extras were definitely worth it, they really added to the experience. If you stay at a place like this you may as well go all out and take advantage of the great facilities and services they have to offer. Trust me its worth it.

• Stayed July 2013
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

I've stayed at the Emporium for the last 4 yrs whenever I travel to Brisbane and the quality and fitout is top class.
The beds are very comfortable , the bathroom amenities are quality Molten Brown and the rooms are quiet.
The bar area is fantastic although I think its a bit overpriced for what it is, the near by restaurants in the complex are great with plenty of variety to choose from.
What I have noticed from my last stay is the bed linen is starting to feel old and over washed, the towels are really thin not the same standard they were in the early days .
Like anything these days I guess companies look for ways to save money - but when your paying a premium for accommodation I'd expect better .

Room Tip: High Floor away from the lifts
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Gold Coast
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Had just one short night here. Great service, extremely clean room and friendly staff. Parking is really an issue, however if you dont mind walking 10mins or so down the road, park on commercial road. you will have to move your car before 7am though!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

I stayed at Versace hotel after staying here and was not impressed at all with their service or internet. This hotel all round was the best place i have ever stayed! Friendly staff great view from the pool! Great service. I stayed for my birthday and all the staff made me feel like a princess. Internet was fast. Everything is close by. Shops, food, anything you can think of is there for you. The rooms are spacious clean and so very well laid out i did not want to leave! I stayed in brisbane for 3 months and that was the last place i stayed. Well you know what they say 'always save the best till last' ;) .i would 100% do a 15hour plane trip to come and stay there anytime! Amazing!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Brisbane
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

The King spa suite at the Emporium was a lovely surprise from my partner for my birthday. I didn't know what to expect but I can say that I felt thoroughly spoilt. The hotel has a luxurious look and feel which is apparent from the moment you step into the lobby and continues throughout the whole hotel including the suite. I would rate this hotel as one of the best that I have stayed in
There was absolutely nothing to fault, everything was perfect. Excellent service by all staff.
In fact, I have never been to a hotel establishment where all the staff from check in, bar staff, concierge to cleaners were so genuinely warm and happy. On arrival, the concierge were attentive and helpful. Our car was taken away promptly to be valet parked and we were immediately escorted to the check in area without having to look around. Check in ran smoothly by a professional, efficient and friendly staff member. Then there was the friendly porter who brought our luggage to our room! The bed was very comfortable with quality linen and a pillow menu with a choice of pillows. All the furnishings were superior, modern and luxurious. Great colour scheme throughout the suite, fitted out with a large tv and behind some concertina doors we found a small kitchenette complete with microwave and a modern dishwasher. Lots of useful extras found in the kitchenette drawers that you often seem to need when you're away, like a bottle opener, panadol, etc. Felt like a day spa with the quality furnishings and fixtures throughout the bathroom. The spa was so divine. No noise from traffic or from other quests and I slept like a log all night. On the top floor there is a heated swimming pool and from there you will find amazing views of the city. There is also a gym and a sauna on the same floor. Would have loved to have a swim in the heated swimming pool in the middle of winter, then use the sauna but didn't bring along the swim suit. The hotel is in a great location, close to some lovely upmarket shops including a large choice of restaurants. Extra touches like finding Lindt chocolates on our pillow after returning from dinner and bottles of water left in our car when it was returned to us at check out the following day made our stay even more special. Everything was a breeze including check out. I loved my stay at the Emporium Hotel. My only regret is that I couldn't stay longer. It won't be difficult to find a reason to return to this glamorous hotel.

Room Tip: Lovely meal and atmosphere at a Moroccan restaurant called the Mecca Bah.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Emporium Hotel? Share your experiences!