“Fabulous hotel - wish I could have stayed longer” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Emporium Hotel

You added Emporium Hotel to your Saves list
Emporium Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1000 Ann St | Fortitude Valley, Brisbane, Queensland 4006, Australia   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Summer Special
Ranked #4 of 161 Hotels in Brisbane
Sydney
“Fabulous hotel - wish I could have stayed longer”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

I stayed here for a very short work trip (flew in just in time for dinner and up early the next day for work) and wish I had more time to spend exploring the hotel and surrounds.

The appearance from the outside and the reception took me by surprise as I only booked this hotel because it was closest to my office in Fortitude Valley and I'd never seen it before. The hotel looks like it was designed based on a quirky fashion show with lots of reds & blacks.

Reception staff were really nice and helpful. My room was a slightly odd shape, with a narrow hallway leading to the main bed area. I found it a bit techy and slightly difficult to work out the lighting system (and which switch turned on this light and that light).The balcony was also odd, with a narrow sunroom that had doors opening to the outside world, but no actual balcony. Having said this, the room was fancy in a boutique kind of way and had a very comfortable bed. The bathroom was spotless and very modern.

The hotel is located in a small retail/food hub which made finding dinner easy. Again I wish I had more time to explore.

Room service breakfast was nice, with fresh fruit, etc.

Would love to stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
  • Indonesian first
Mackay, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

So many things make the Emporium a hotel experience worth your visit. The rooms are modern & feature a pillow menu to personalise your stay.
That cocktail bar is renowned just as much as the hotel not to forget the precinct that surrounds the hotel doesn't require you to stray too far.

• Stayed January 2013
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

I travel a lot with work, so see a lot of the inside of hotel rooms. The Emporium is one of the nicest places I've stayed in and very good value for money. Sparkling new, snazzy decor and lots of lovely touches - like a very soft light in the bathroom, if you need to find it in the middle of the night!

This stay however was for our 30th wedding anniversary. Being met with champagne and chocolate strawberries was very special. Had a lovely time. My husband loved the choice of pillows!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

My husband and his groomsmen checked into the emporium hotel the night before our wedding, and we were to stay the night of our wedding. We checked with the staff on booking that his room would be able to be "flipped" when he left for the ceremony - it was late in the day and outside usual room service times. I was clear that I didn't expect the staff to do anything other than make the bed and remove any of the rubbish. When we arrived I actually thought the room had been burgled, it was an absolute mess! Then I saw that they had made the bed and placed my husbands bag - open - back on top of it, had placed the dressing gown back on the bed - not folded, and had not removed ANY of the rubbish or used-room-service trays/plates/glasses. They had been kind enough to put chocolates on the pillow and give us a complimentary bottle of bubbles. It was our wedding night and the room was a mess. When we told front office staff on check out they didn't even apologise! No refunds, no comped stay, no apology, no complimentary breakfast/cocktail/biscuit. NOTHING! Not worth the money. Not worth the rating.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
EmporiumManagement, Executive Assistant Manager at Emporium Hotel, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay. As Australia’s Best Boutique Hotel 2012, we pride ourselves on providing the utmost exquisite experience for every guest, especially our wedding guests. The Hotel’s procedure is to ensure each Suite is ready for a guest arrival with our daily evening turndown service, however through your comments it seems we did not deliver this during your stay and immediate re-training will be implemented.

We sincerely apologise that you did not receive the true Emporium Hotel experience. In an effort to investigate this incident, we have conducted a detailed search of log reports from March 2012. Unfortunately, we were unable to locate any information with reference to this incident. As we would like to resolve the issue and make amends, please email or call the Hotel’s Duty Manager.

We look forward to hearing from you and hope to welcome you back to experience an exquisite stay at Emporium Hotel.
Brisbane
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

I recently attended a five day course near (not in) The Emporium and used their valet parking every day. It was a pleasure to hand in my keys and know my car was safe and secure. My car was out the front waiting for my return every day. The staff, both on the door and at reception greeted me by name and always had a ready smile. The price was dearer than metered street parking but very reasonable compared to nearby parking stations and I had no stress in searching for a parking spot. I was able to access their impeccable restrooms and had access to the bar area if I desired. The service was second to none.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

We stayed here in April, while considering a move to Brisbane. After staying at the Holiday Inn at Roma Parklands we decided to check out and check in at Emporium.

Wow.......amazing little boutique hotel with outstanding first class service. The hotel itself is beautiful and modern. Little touches like a doorbell on your room, light to indicate if you need housekeeping, kitchenette and especially the washer and dryer (what a concept!) are well thought out and add to the experience.

This is hands down one of the best hotels we've stayed at.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Canberra, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

I recently stayed here for four nights. To be honest I was a little worried as booking had not been smooth, however from the moment I stepped into the beautiful foyer until the when I reluctantly had to leave my stay was highly enjoyable.
The staff are prompt, polite and constantly strive to please. The rooms were spacious, clean and well serviced, and the turn down service with a bottle of water and Lindt chocolate a welcome end to a busy day. The beds large and comfortable, and the pillow menu fantastic.
Room service was delicious, on time and always at the correct temperature. The cocktail lounge was a little small but well serviced, with an extensive drinks and light meal menu. The overall location of the hotel was very good and easy to access the city and not too far from the airport. Restaurants were plentiful and near should you wish to dine out.
The washer/dryer with complimentary washing liquid was very handy, as was the kitchenette.
Downsides? Very few... It is on the more expensive end if the scale for a hotel this size, but the service made up for that. It is in a very busy little precinct, but access to the available business' made up for that too. The minibar was very well stocked but very expensive.
If your looking to get away and a bit of pampering this is a lovely spot and I look forward to coming back again.

Room Tip: Ask not to be too close to the lifts